General Discussion Race Reports! » Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Oxford, Ohio
United States
HFP Racing
COLDF / 0C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 25m 13s
Overall Rank = 222/
Age Group = Chicks 30-34
Age Group Rank = 4/12
Pre-race routine:

It was a little unusual as I'm not used to having people in my house on the morning of the race. RunningFLyr made coffee and brought me some, I jumped in the shower only to get out and get dressed and discover that Aysel, it seems in her sofa fun, broke my TV - not really and RunningFLyr was able to fix it. The 17 Year Old baby sitter was sitting on the floor in the living room like sheesh already everyone leave already. Racked bikes and jumped in the car and headed toward MU. The ride was pretty quiet outside of my blarind music - this is the way I like it, I don't like to talk much on the ride, well with the one notable exception being after staying out all night drinking and then riding to the race (Deer Creek last fall - I think I still owe the driver a beer because I was pretty obnoxious). Anyway ate my cliff bar and listened to the tunes.
Event warmup:

No such thing as a WU at Miami. Set up transition and found my Tri Daddy and hugged him and got ready. Headed up the the gallery where RunningFLyr and Tri Daddy and Aysel and I sat and waited for the fun to start.
Swim
  • 08m 33s
  • 437 yards
  • 01m 57s / 100 yards
Comments:

I headed down to the deck with Tri Daddy, he sent me ahead of him this year. I passed 4 or 5 people and got crushed at one of the walls I made sure to slap that dude's toes when I passed him, not my fault man.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe I should have pushed harder but for the lack of swim training this spring I'm not going to complain.
Transition 1
  • 01m 24s
Comments:

It was cold, hello headlights. I got into my bike shoes pretty quickly but getting my shirt on was kind of a pain, once I got my arms through the long sleeves and the whole thing over my shirt I took off. I didn't care that it was half up still.

Nothing, considering the weather this was the best I could do.
Bike
  • 47m 14s
  • 13.05 miles
  • 16.58 mile/hr
Comments:

Last year the bike course about killed me but I had heard that the course had changed. That was indicative within the firt quarter mile. The highlight of my biking expereince was just as I crested the first hill, out of no where, I literally didn't hear anything behind me, I feel a hard slap on my butt, it was my Triathlon Dad, I swear it was the slap heard round the world, it was hard and loud, and as I saw him pull up next to me I started cracking up. I tried to hang but just couldn't. This girl loves her Tri Dad as that provided some great motivation to get my butt moving.

I'm a sucky biker and I'm a wuss! Wet roads scare me and I haven't spent nearly the time on this bike this spring as I should have, so given those things I'm not complaining.

More training would be a good thing.
Transition 2
  • 01m 10s
Comments:

It would help if I would have remembered to unvelcro my freaking bike shoes, but my feet were numb, whatever.

Uh...yeah.
Run
  • 26m 51s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 38s  min/mile
Comments:

I went as fast as I could, really, I did. My lungs actually felt good but the lack of brick training was evident, opps. I'm not super happy with this run but at the same time considering my training has been lacking I'm not going to complain either. I know I just need to push a little more in my training and as things are starting to steady in my personal life that should be more possible. It was great to hear Tri Daddy yelling for me in the last 400 yards.

Run more.
Post race
Warm down:

Gave Tri Daddy a big hug and then we walked over and were joined by Bananatoes and waited to cheer on Aysel and RunningFlyr as they both finished. After they finished went back to transition packed up and headed for some post recovery food and barley/hops recovery mixture.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Simple...must train more.

Event comments:

Always a good starting race.

Last updated: 2011-03-12 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:33 | 437 yards | 01m 57s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/12
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: 400 Meter serpertine pool swim with time trial start.
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:24
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:47:14 | 13.05 miles | 16.58 mile/hr
Age Group: 3/12
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:10
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Below average
Running
00:26:51 | 03.11 miles | 08m 38s  min/mile
Age Group: 6/12
Course: Pretty flat run through the campus
Keeping cool Average Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-04-18 5:15 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ohio
Subject: Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon

2011-04-18 5:28 PM
in reply to: #3453468

User image

Subject: RE: Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon
Nice PR!
2011-04-18 10:25 PM

User image

Delaware, OH
Its so great to have people cheer you on!  Thanks for the support and I'm sorry I broke your tv!
2011-04-20 9:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Nice race, Twink. Sounds like you guys had a good time.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon Rss Feed