General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 3 month weight loss challenge results Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-04-23 11:50 AM

User image

Subject: 3 month weight loss challenge results

I recently completed a 3 month long weight loss/fitness challenge at work. At the start of the challeneg January 15th I was at an all time high for my weight at 249 pounds. I decided that this year I would love to do some triathlons so decided to use the training for triathlons as part of my goal and motivation to lose the weight. Well after 3 months of constant hard work and watching my eating I lost 34 pounds and am down to 215 I am hoping to be under two hundred by my first tri in the middle of June. Here is a before and after picture I just wanted to share.

Before and after

2011-04-24 4:59 AM
in reply to: #3462258

User image

Regular
Bartow County, GA
Subject: RE: 3 month weight loss challenge results

Wow! Very impressive! Can you share what sort of meal plan you followed and your exercise routine? I'm about to start a 3 month program with a nutritionist and hope to have good results.

You look great! Good luck as you train for your Tri!

2011-04-24 7:42 AM

User image

Master
Rogersville, Alabama
Wow!  Keep up the good work.
2011-04-24 10:35 AM

User image

I really didnt follow any specific eating routine but just focused on eating healthy foods and watching my portions. I used a calorie tracker on my phone that way I knew how many net calories I had for the day which gave me the deficit that I wanted for the week in my case it was 1900 and I focused on staying right at it. The program also let me enter my workouts that way I got credit for those calories and got to eat more to recover some of them. I focused on lots of fruits and vegetables chicken and fish. I really didn't forbid myself from having anything but naturally the sweets and fatty foods got cut out because I didnt have the calories for them.

For workouts the first month I was training for a firefighter stairclimb that was a race up 69 floors in my bunker gear so I ran lots and lots of stairs usually with a weight vest on in preperation for it. I also did a month of the "Insanity" workout series which I feel helped me get a good initial jump on my weight loss. The next two months were all just Swim, bike, run workouts. I have an Olympic training plan I am following and it has me working out about 8-11 hours a week.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 3 month weight loss challenge results Rss Feed