General Discussion Race Reports! » Germanfest Metric Century Bicycle Rally Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Germanfest Metric Century Bicycle Rally - CycleCentury

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Muenster, Texas
United States
Metric Century Bicycle Rally
75F / 24C
Overcast
Total Time = 3h 40m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

soft pedaled around town taking it all in
Event warmup:

see above
Bike
  • 3h 40m
  • 60 miles
  • 16.36 mile/hr
Comments:

Not a bad rally and a good ride for me though I skipped y planned brick rub-my back was very tight. There was a day I could have finished near 3hrs flat-maybe 3:15. That was a long time ago. I saw allot of IM jerseys and a few tattoos. My intent was to go out with the lead group or one of them and stay with them as long as possible. That didn't last long but I settled in with a few groups through the first few rest stops that I skipped. The hills were manageable for me, the long was I just down shifted and spun up slowly then powered over the top and down, the shorter easier ones I focused on powering through. I also made a point to turn a large gear and stay on my A bars on the flats. I stopped at a rest stop at mile 45 for about 3 minutes-a little water in the camelback and some cookies. Even though my next A race is an Olympic in KC I have Branson 70.3 in the back of my mind. The hills don't compare but I felt I needed this ride.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked over to the German fest events ..it was a crush of people and was getting warm so I circled through once and walked back to the truck, got two lemonades and a sausage on a stick on my way back

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Same as always-I don't get enough T.I.T.S and I don't have a viable option for riding with faster groups.

Event comments:

Muenster is a cute German/Texas town with friendly people and clean streets. If you gate a chance definitely check this rally out, it has been going on over 10 years

Last updated: 2011-02-28 12:00 AM
Biking
03:40:00 | 60 miles | 16.36 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
I skipped the HRM,kinda wish I had that data now
Wind: Some
Course: Rolling hills, rural roads. The oil business is booming right now and there was extra truck traffic from that. These roads are mostly pretty good but the increased traffic has had an impact on them.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-04-30 5:13 PM

User image

Master
Denison Texas
Subject: Germanfest Metric Century Bicycle Rally
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Germanfest Metric Century Bicycle Rally Rss Feed