New Prague Chanber of Commerce
58F / 14C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 52m 47s
Overall Rank = 142/394
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Bad pre race lead up. Spent a lot of time standing up at a party and eating really tasty rich food the night before. Morning of had coffee and a Larabar.
Event warmup:

Got packet and race number and just hung around on one of the nicest mornings in a long time. Ran about 5 minutes before. Looked for the 1:50 pace group and got my spot. It's a testament to how much smaller this race has gotten that at 1:50 pace group I was about 30 feet from the front.
Run
  • 1h 52m 47s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

Started off good. I didn't feel that great physically but the pace was doable. Stomach was not feeling great due to bad food choices the night before. Only nutrition I had was a Larabar an hour and a half before the race. Around mile 7.5 I went for my half Larabar to get some calories. It was one of those mini ones you buy and I could Not get the damn thing out of the wrapper. I tried for about a thirdofna mile and finally gave up. I should have worked harder to get it open. Tried some Gatorade around mile 8 to make up and that did not sit well at all. I lost contact with the pace group about mile 9 with some hip issues flaring up and lack of nutrition. Was able to keep the pace group in my sight but it was a sufferfest the rest of the way. I was unable to bridge the gap and get my goal time but I did set a PR of over a minute and a half.
What would you do differently?:

Get some nutrition in. Open up bars and put them in a haggis next time.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around and stretched. Pounded some water and waited for Kelly to come in. Once Kelly got there we scoped out the ice cream.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nutrition

Event comments:

This is still a really good race. I have seen this race drop from over 1,000 racers to under 400. I would attribute this to all the options out there now.

Last updated: 2011-01-01 12:00 AM
Running
01:52:47 | 13.1 miles | 08m 37s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/394
Performance: Average
Course: Cruise out of town and then do a big square loop in the country. Seems like if you are not climbing a hill you are going down one.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes