The Virginia Capital Trail Foundation
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 5h 31m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Up at 6:15, got all my stuff together and ate my mandatory half bagel with peanut butter. No time for coffee today... :(
Event warmup:

The 5 mile ride from my house to the event start.
Bike
  • 5h 31m
  • 105.5 miles
  • 19.12 mile/hr
Comments:

Did the Tour de Cure Century 3 weeks ago on my road bike and did this one on my tri bike (sans race wheels). Roughly speaking, I think I avearaged 1-2 mph faster at the same effort... which makes me happy about the investment! Just need to remember to check my water bottles in the hydro-tail (bottle cages mounted behind the saddle) after hitting bumps. One bottle popped out after about 20 miles... lost the group I was riding with to go back and get it. Luckily caught up with another groupd that was doing about 21mph, so hung with them all the way to Richmond. Rode the second half mostly on my own which was according to plan. Last 20 miles seemed to go on forever, but took a bit of comfort in passing a lot of the 50 milers who started an hour after we did.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing really. Kept the heart rate where I wanted and had fun. Still have a long way to go though to be able to run a marathon after this kind of ride... but felt stronger than I did at the Tour de Cure.
Post race
Warm down:

Not much fanfare at the Williamsburg site... looked like most of the bling was up at Richmond. Anyway, real happy to see Debbie as I was coming in... she did the 25 miler (35 total counting the ride to and from the house... longest ride ever for her!). Talked to her for a bit about her ride, grabbed some lunch, then headed for home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Need to work on my climbing. Got dropped twice on hills around Richmond.... That sucked...

Event comments:

I'll be doing this ride again next year... it's in my back yard afterall. Would like to see more Williambsburg riders though! About 1500 riders starting in Richmond compared to about 380 in Williamsburg...

Last updated: 2011-04-10 12:00 AM
Biking
05:31:00 | 105.5 miles | 19.12 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Avg HR: 148 Max HR: 167 Time reflects actual ride time. Total time spent on stops was about 20 min.
Wind: Some
Course: Mostly flat to start with, then some rollers as we got closer to Richmond.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 81
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Average Hills: Below average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-05-09 8:19 AM

User image

Kingsland, Georgia
Subject: Capital to Capital Century

2011-05-11 12:54 PM
in reply to: #3488842

User image

New user

Subject: RE: Capital to Capital Century
Great job! Another Century under your belt!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Capital to Capital Century Rss Feed