General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Possibly moving to Denver from Victoria Canada, please help sell me on the move Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-05-12 9:48 PM

User image

Expert
Denver
Subject: Possibly moving to Denver from Victoria Canada, please help sell me on the move
Hello all, just trying to find some info about Denver as it looks like I may be re-located for work sometime this summer or early Autumn. Just wondering what the lifestyle is like, how's the atmosphere in and around the city etc..., most of all how's the training? I've heard good things but just looking for some more insight, thanks for any responses.

Cheers,
Mike

2011-05-12 11:00 PM
in reply to: #3496642

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Subject: RE: Possibly moving to Denver from Victoria Canada, please help sell me on the move
Training is what you make of it where ever you are at.  But think about how many of the top pro's have at least a part-time residence up the road in BoulderUndecided
2011-05-13 9:55 AM

User image

Lafayette, CO
Subject: RE: Possibly moving to Denver from Victoria Canada, please help sell me on the move

Some of the answers to your questions will depend on where in the Denver metro area you are located.  I find that SE Denver has a very different vibe than Boulder county where I live now.  Both are great but I'm very very very partial to the Louisville/Boulder/Lafayette area.  Many of my closest friends are also my training buddies and I don't know anyone who isn't very active.  It's just part of life around here.  Even on my rest days I start to feel guilty because I simply can't go anywhere without seeing someone either running or cycling.  Great hiking nearby.  And if you want to get into other sports there's kayaking, climbing, skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, cyclocross (Boulder's new Valmont Bike Park opens next month!) and the list can go on.  Races are plentiful including triathlon, running, cycling, urban races and more. 

We have some great restaurants, farmers' markets, museums etc.  I hear there's great nightlife but with a very early work day and training I don't do a whole lot of late night stuff. 

2011-05-13 12:07 PM

User image

Denver

A good friend of mine is from Victoria and from our frequent conversations I'd have to say Colorado is pretty similar all and all.

Like others have said, the city and metro area covers a lot of area and everything from the weather to people can be totally different from a few miles away so it really depends on what part of town you will be in. The upside is that there is probably a part of town that will fit your needs and have what you want and like that isn't too far away from everything else.

2011-05-15 8:42 PM

User image

Expert
Denver
Thanks for the replies everyone, looks like i'll be down the weekend of the 27th, 28th, 29th to check it out. Can't wait to see what it's like in person. Cheers,
Mike
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Possibly moving to Denver from Victoria Canada, please help sell me on the move Rss Feed