Speedy Feet
60sF / 0C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 10m 14s
Overall Rank = 23/62
Age Group = Ladies 25-29
Age Group Rank = 1/
Pre-race routine:

This was odd because it didn't start until 1:30 in the afternoon so I was all goofed up. Had a bagel thin with natural peanut butter for breakfast and a cliff bar on the way there. RunningFlyr met me at my place and loaded our bikes on his car while I loaded his daughter's bikes (who I managed to talk into doing the Triathlon because there was a "Kid's Tri") into my car.
Event warmup:

Got set up, helped Dean get the girls Set-Up and then talked to my Tri Mama and Tri Daddy who were also there. Gave Tri Mama some flowers for a belated mother's day, I think she was surprised but it was fun. Headed into the pool deck.
Swim
  • 05m 23s
  • 300 yards
  • 01m 47s / 100 yards
Comments:

What a nightmare this was. It was totally unorganized the guy was like just start yourself every 5 seconds, no guesstimation of times for people it was a complete free for all and with traffic going both ways in each lane there was no way to pass. It was a thrashing mashing mess. I ended up passing one chick because I slapped her toes and she moved out of the way the best she could but what a mess seriously.
What would you do differently?:

There really wasn't anything that could have been done differently.
Transition 1
  • 01m 21s
Comments:

This was a little slow because as I was just getting my helmet snapped Tri Mama came out and said RunningFlyr's youngest was freaking out about doing the swim. I started to unvelcro my shoes and de-helmet when Tri Daddy came flying out and Tri Mama said you go with him, I'll go help RunningFlyr with the girls. I wavered but decided to go with Tri Daddy.

Nothin
Bike
  • 35m 33s
  • 10.5 miles
  • 17.72 mile/hr
Comments:

This course was by far one of the busiest courses I've ridden traffic wise and there was a fair amount of incline, bizzare, nothing strenuous but just a lot of incline with a few rollers. Headed out with Tri Daddy right next to me, he hung in my draft for about two miles and then I ended up dropping him - write it down, it is the first and last time I will ever beat Tri Dad on the bike section and really the only reason I beat him was because he was riding his Mountain Bike and he raced the sprint distance in Muncie on Saturday. Ha, I'll still take the victory because like I said it will never happen again and he caught me on the run anyway.

Nothin.
Transition 2
  • 00m 54s
Comments:

Eh....

Nada
Run
  • 27m 1s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m 43s  min/mile
Comments:

Can we say slow? Yup, I'm slow. Uh, I thought Settler's Walk was flat, yeah, not so much of course I would like to blame the fact that I was slow on the hills but really, I'm just slow like molasses. I was ahead of Tri Daddy and managed to hold him out until just past the turn-around. Once I started back up the hill after the turn-around I felt and heard the smack on my azz and knew I was cooked. I managed to get in a good slap back as another guy came up behind us and told us there was to be none of that monkey buisness on the course all the meanwhile Tri Dad and I were knocking shoulders trying to knock the other over. Tri Dad pulled away half way up the hill and went on to beat me - as usuaul. Nothing like getting your azz handed to you by a 49 year old man.

Ehh, think I need to run more at a faster clip in training I guess
Post race
Warm down:

Stood around with Tri Mama and Tri Daddy and waited on RunningFlyr and his daughters to get back from the bike section. Although the race organizer advertised a "kid's Tri" with appropriate distances for the kids age groups there weren't any markings or volunteers indicating the kids course so the girls ended up riding the entire bike course with RunningFlyr. When they came into transition I met them, the girls took off immediately as RunningFlyr got into his running shoes, I went running out with him and told him to run the course at his pace and that I would run with the girls and turn them around at what seemed like the appropriate turn around, so my warm down was a slow 1.5 mile jog with RunningFlyr's girls, who did awesome, even after having to ride the whole bike course neither one of them complained and we all ran together. I was proud of them for sticking it out. This was just for fun and I managed to come in 3rd overall for the females despite my atrocious run, and first in my 25-29 Age Group and yes you read that right because this wasn't sanctioned I was still 29 - love it. It was a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon, I think despite to poorly organized Kids Tri the girls still had fun and it's always great to race with friends.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

It was just for fun.

Event comments:

This wasn't an HFP Race that's for sure.

Last updated: 2011-05-07 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:05:23 | 300 yards | 01m 47s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/62
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: 300 Yard Snake swim in the pool with each lane having traffic going in both directions.
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:21
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:35:33 | 10.5 miles | 17.72 mile/hr
Performance: Average
Wind: Some
Course:
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:54
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:27:01 | 03.1 miles | 08m 43s  min/mile
Performance: Below average
Course: Through Settlers Walk
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 2

{postbutton}
2011-05-16 10:10 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ohio
Subject: Coffman YMCA Triathlon

2011-05-18 2:13 PM
in reply to: #3501429

User image

Subject: RE: Coffman YMCA Triathlon

Thanks. :-) I think A may have been bitten by the Tri bug, just slightly... ;-) She is still happy about the whole experience, and I am impressed by her stick-to-it-iveness despite a much longer race than she planned.

It was a good opportunity to train, and I had a legit reason for being so slow in the pool. This time... LOL

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Coffman YMCA Triathlon Rss Feed