General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for a road bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-05-21 1:04 AM

User image

Veteran
Chandler
Subject: Looking for a road bike
Where are the best places to go? I also need to sell my bike too.

2011-05-22 10:12 PM
in reply to: #3510994

User image

Extreme Veteran
Scottsdale
Subject: RE: Looking for a road bike

Most of the shops in town, Tribal, Landis, DNA, etc, etc are good folk.  The bad news:  you can end up paying a bit more at one of these shops than finding bikes online.  The good news: they will typically give comp or cheap maintenance on bikes they sell, whereas you will pay a bit more for bikes they did not sell or assemble.  They will custom fit your bike as well, so less guesswork on size, etc while making your selection on make/model.

2011-05-23 1:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Arizona
Craigslist apears to be a good place to sell bikes localy.

Go Cocks!
2011-05-23 4:26 PM

User image

It depends on what you are looking for and if you have the time to maintenance the bike yourself.  If so, I would go online.  I have purchased 2 road bikes so far from competitivecyclist.com and one off of Ebay (Kestrel RT900 frameset).  @CC.com really nice frames with sram rival that a local shop cannot touch or even come close to (Wilier and BMC).  When I 1st got into the sport, I bought my 1st few bikes at performance here in Tucson.  This was nice because anytime I needed tuning or had issues with the bike, I just ran it down to the shop and they took care of it at no cost.  Me personally, I always look online 1st.  The good reputable online sellers usually back up their products pretty well.  When I run into issues with my "online" bikes that I can't solve, I run it down to my favorite (Ajo Bikes Baby!!) shop so that can take care of it for a low cost (Win-Win).  Plus all the bikes I have bought online, I did not pay city sales tax.
2011-05-23 7:57 PM

User image

Mesa/AJ Border

You might try Two Wheel Jones in Mesa, they seem to be a great group of folks, talk to Travis.

They are at Signal Butte & Baseline (NE side)  They do Tri & Road bikes, Trek , Felt...

2011-05-24 9:25 PM

User image

Mesa
Tribe has a "new bike" program where you get fit on your bike and any additional items you purchase after that you get a 15% discount which is ongoing.

Are you converting to road bike racing?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for a road bike Rss Feed