General Discussion Race Reports! » Colavita-Zipp Speed Weaponry time trial series Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Colavita-Zipp Speed Weaponry time trial series - CycleTime Trial

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Bellbrook, Ohio
United States
Rocketship Sports Management Inc
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 27m 19s
Overall Rank = 79M/125M
Age Group = 30-39Male
Age Group Rank = 10/12
Pre-race routine:

Registered at 7:45am then stuck around for the RD meeting. After that I headed back home, since my start time was 11:22am. Breakfast was 2 energy bars and coffee. Then a coke just before the start.
Event warmup:

There are some sick machines at these events. The 20 bucks was worth it just for the bike pjorn. Took some pictures for about an hour of various folks starting/finishing, then spun for about 10min prior to getting in line for the start. I would recommend pre-registering online, as you can select your start time (earlier would have been better).
Bike
  • 27m 19s
  • 10 miles
  • 21.96 mile/hr
Comments:

Not sure why, but I was a bit nervous as this was my first cycling only TT. I hoped I would make it down the start ramp without any issues. This event was primarily for me to get a baseline, as I intend to put some effort into improving my cycling this year. My goal was to average above 20mph.

Started well and with the tailwind hit about 25mph quickly. Sharp left onto Stewart Rd. which had a couple of hills but they were not too bad. Spring Valley Alpha Rd was crap for surface but technically fun. For the first time, I could feel the crosswind pushing my front wheel (HED3).

Hammering down the Washington Hill Rd. was a blast, hit 40mph without touching the brakes and felt a bit of adenaline rush (like a kid again). Almost caught a person at the finish, which was straight into the wind.
What would you do differently?:

For me, this was a good effort. More saddle time and focus on training for speed would help. Thought about leaving my water bottle, but ended up taking half full with water. Glad I had it with me as I did get thirsty on the course.
Post race
Warm down:

A quick ride down Route 725 for about 5min warmdown then back to the start/finish for some goodies and door prizes.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Just need to train/ride more. There are some crazy fast cyclists out there.

Event comments:

Great race, organized staff, fun course and nice door prizes. Looking forward to the next race in the series. Cant beat it for $20.

Last updated: 2011-05-05 12:00 AM
Biking
00:27:19 | 10 miles | 21.96 mile/hr
Age Group: 10/12
Overall: 79/125M
Performance: Good
Garmin had the course at 9.8 miles, but I started it late after the start. Riding the tangent of the corners may account for the 0.2miles, not sure about that one.
Wind: Some with gusts
Course: Loop - Washington Hill to Stewart Rd to Spring Valley Alpha to Washington Hill.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence: 108
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-05-23 10:50 PM

User image

Veteran
OHIO south of Dayton
Subject: Colavita-Zipp Speed Weaponry time trial series
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Colavita-Zipp Speed Weaponry time trial series Rss Feed