General Discussion Race Reports! » Tazewell County Jaycees Tri for Kid's Sake Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Tazewell County Jaycees Tri for Kid's Sake - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Morton, Illinois
United States
Total Time = 1h 44m 8s
Overall Rank = 174/200
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 30/32
Pre-race routine:

Woke up and had my normal breakfast, had packed most everything the night before. A quick double check of the gear and off to the race.
Event warmup:

Tried to bike the run course until I got lost, ended up biking just under 3 miles. Set the bike up in transition and then went for a light jog around the block. After announcements got a few lengths in the pool. Overall one of my better warmups and something that I need to make sure I do more often. Gel before the swim.
Swim
  • 09m 36s
  • 437 yards
  • 02m 11s / 100 yards
Comments:

I didn't swim poorly, but I also didn't seem to swim to great either. I am not really sure why I was so slow. I am currently swimming three times this distance. Maybe it was the higher water temp and changing lanes under the ropes?
What would you do differently?:

Overall not much, I was only about 1-1.5 minutes slower than I wanted to be.
Transition 1
  • 01m 51s
Comments:

Long run to transition and then a long run to the front of transition. I had a second gel but didnt want it after getting out of the pool.

I think I can shave a few more seconds off but since I dont have bike shoes and put on my running shoes, I dont know how low I can get this. I think next tri I want to tri a bucket to sit on and see if that makes putting shoes and socks on easier.
Bike
  • 50m 39s
  • 13.5 miles
  • 15.99 mile/hr
Comments:

Grrr .99 almost had the 16mph I wanted. My bike legs just keep getting better. I am starting to get a feel for what gears I want to be in and when I should be shifting. I made sure to drank lots of gatorade on the bike to stay hydrated and not cramp up on the run. I will say it was a tad bit confusing heading for T2, cars where lined down the side of the street and it was hard to know where to turn in.

Go faster
Transition 2
  • 00m 38s
Comments:

Bike racked, helmet off and out.

Not much, putting my running shoes on in T1 really helps here.
Run
  • 41m 22s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 13m 18s  min/mile
Comments:

I think the course was closer to 3.2 but I wont knit pick to much because even with the listed distance I managed to shave a minute per mile off my time. Since the run is my weakest discipline I decided that I needed to have a strategy. My strategy was to use my watches timer and jog 2 minutes/ walk 1 minute. Coming out of T2 I started jogging but was still a bit winded from the bike, so I switched to a 1 minute jog/ 1 minute walk. That worked great, I was able to mantain that to almost the finish line where it broke down to about 50s jog / 1:10 walk.

Nothing, the goal now is to work up to 2minute jog/ 1 minute walk. I finished in my fastest time yet.
Post race
Warm down:

2 scoops ultragen, ice bath later

Event comments:

This was a huge success for a first year tri. A few things that could have been done a little differently, but overall an awesome tri.

Last updated: 2011-05-02 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:36 | 437 yards | 02m 11s / 100yards
Age Group: 13/32
Overall: 0/200
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Dive Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:51
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:50:39 | 13.5 miles | 15.99 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/32
Wind: Some
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:38
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:41:22 | 03.11 miles | 13m 18s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/32
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-05-29 7:04 AM

User image

Subject: Tazewell County Jaycees Tri for Kid's Sake
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tazewell County Jaycees Tri for Kid's Sake Rss Feed