Annapolis Striders, Inc
75F / 24C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 40m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Banana and yogurt 2 hours pre-race. 1 hour drive to Annapolis. Arrived with only 15 minutes to spare before the race began. This was probably a good thing as it had been raining on and off for the previous several hours. We were pretty much dry at the beginning of the race, and the rain did not return during the race.
Event warmup:

Quick stretch in line for the port-o-pots. That's about all.
Run
  • 1h 40m
  • 10 miles
  • 10m  min/mile
Comments:

My training has been interrupted by life, so I approached this run as a long training run, keeping it aerobic and in the blue zone the entire time. I ran with 3 of my neighbors as a group and we crossed the finish line together. I must say I had a great time, really enjoying the scenery of the course and the company of my running friends. Today was running for the sake of running, without any concern about splits, pace, or placing at the finish line. I felt good at the finish, didn't injure myself, and finished without any walking so I met my objectives for the day.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing.
Post race
Event comments:

Anybody looking for a great 10 miler should consider this race. Sign up early, as it fills quickly each year. Go to www.annapolisstriders.org to sign up.

Last updated: 2005-08-28 12:00 AM
Running
01:40:00 | 10 miles | 10m  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Most of my 1 mile splits were between 9:40-9:50.
Course: 10 mile course through Annapolis, MD. Start and finish at the US Naval Academy Stadium. Course winds around Naval Academy, crosses the Severn River, goes through downtown Annapolis past the statehouse and the city docks, then through several residential areas. Crosses the Severn river on the US Naval Academy bridge during mile 4, then again during mile 9. Course is very hilly. This race is usually known for its brutal heat. This year the temperatures were not as high, but the humidity from overnight rain made it a steamy and sweaty run.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes