HFP Racing
HotF / 0C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 25m 34s
Overall Rank = 115/211
Age Group = Superheros
Age Group Rank = 2/3
Pre-race routine:

Woke up, showered while RunningFlyr loaded the bikes on the car (thanks RunningFlyr). Got a large cup of coffee in the to go cup, grabbed a cliff bar and my transition bag and hopped in the car for the hour and twenty minute drive.
Event warmup:

Got Transition set up, talked to the Tri parents and found the rest of the super heros and talked to them. Used the potty; I was glad the park bathrooms were open so NO Smelly porta-john for me - those things had already been sitting out there for a day baking in the sun and totally smelled rank! Went down to the water with Duff Man (David's Tri), Super Girl (Aysel) and RunningFlyr to go for a quick swim. While standing around in the water joing we were joined by TCarlson78 (great to meet you Troy) and out of no where just after I had mentioned that I needed to find my Tri Daddy he snuck up on me underwater and tried to pull me under. I started cracking up and he came out of the water to scare me, always fun times with the Triathlon Dad.
Swim
  • 14m 17s
  • 820 yards
  • 01m 44s / 100 yards
Comments:

The swim was good. I was actually anxious about this swim since it was the first OWS wave start I had done since I panicked at Portage last year but I decided to start in the back and not sprint into the water. It worked well I was never short of breath and never felt the anxiety, within the first 100 yards I was able to find a rhythm and just settled right in. I didn't feel like I pushed too hard, if anything maybe I should have pushed a little harder.
What would you do differently?:

More swim training please
Transition 1
  • 01m 30s
Comments:

Dude this could have been faster. My wetsuit got stuck and then I was trying to get my wonder woman tank top on and was having a hard time because I was all wet. Eh, whatever, good enough

It was the first time stripping the wetsuit - it will get easier.
Bike
  • 41m 6s
  • 12.43 miles
  • 18.15 mile/hr
Comments:

The bike actually flew by, maybe because of all the courses last year I remember this one the best (then again I did race it twice last year both june and september) - I really think this course was faster this year then last because I felt like there was almost no wind. I kept waiting to hit the gnarly head winds and it never seemed to happen. I'm not complaining about this bike ride, this is on the faster end for me.

I need more bike training.
Transition 2
  • 01m 5s
Comments:

I went as fast as I could.I changed shoes took my helmet off and grabbed my hat and put it on while I was running toward the transition exit.

Nada
Run
  • 27m 34s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 52s  min/mile
Comments:

Can we say slow?!?!?!? I don't know what has happened to me...oh yeah I've been lazy but in addition to that I just can't seem to get in the swing of faster training paces. For some reason no matter the distance during training I'm constantly running a 9:30-10:30 mile which is translating to much slower run times in races. Maybe a mental block against running? I don't know, maybe this was about the times for my runs last year at this time? IDK but I'm not happy with this run performance at all!

Run more in training and run faster in training.
Post race
Warm down:

I walked my Triathlon parents to their car after cheering on Runningflr and supergirl as they finished. Apparently Tri Dad and I are competing in an off road triathlon next weekend. Hung around with all the other BT Superheros and watch other superheros finish then we did a photo shoot compliments of BT'r TRIG - awesome photos Trig - thanks for taking those photos.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I need to train more - I've been slacking and have been busy with work which is no excuse. It was interesting while I competed in the Superhero category and thus got fake hardware (since the division only included three of us) I did actually take the time to see where I would have placed in my new USAT age group and I was only 9 seconds out of a podium spot - so maybe there is some incentive, while podium is not essential it is fun :)

Event comments:

Good Job HFP

Last updated: 2011-05-18 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:14:17 | 820 yards | 01m 44s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/3
Overall: 0/211
Performance: Average
Suit: Full Wetsuit
Course: Once Around the Rectangle
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low