General Discussion Race Reports! » Speedy Feet Wednesday Night Tri Series - Race #2 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Speedy Feet Wednesday Night Tri Series - Race #2 - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Waynesville, Ohio
United States
Speedy Feet Racing
70F / 21C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 44m 26s
Overall Rank = 10/53
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

PB&J about 90 minutes pre-race, Powerbar 60 minutes pre-race. Tried to limit drinking in the last 2 hours before the race.
Event warmup:

None.
Swim
  • 11m 7s
  • 880 yards
  • 01m 16s / 100 yards
Comments:

Just found a nice comfortable pace for the swim. Started 4th (we went off every 5 seconds at a run to the beach, I'm glad I started at the front). I passed 2 and 3 real quick, and then caught the guy that started first as we both came out of the water. 14 seconds behind the fastest swim. Definitely could have pulled it off.
What would you do differently?:

I could have swam a lot faster probably, but just took it easy, my goal initially was to push the bike as hard as I could.
Transition 1
  • 03m 13s
Comments:

Felt real slow in T1, but deliberately took my time. I don't get the same "hurried rush" in transition at these week night races for whatever reason. Went sockless for the bike, but took the time to put my watch on too. Skipped the sunglasses since it was so overcast. Time includes the run from the beach.

Be faster, like always.
Bike
  • 1h 00m 24s
  • 20.7 miles
  • 20.56 mile/hr
Comments:

Tried to push hard on the bike, but after the first couple hills my quads and hamstrings were burning something fierce. Just pushed on. One guy kept passing me on the climbs, and then I'd overtake him on the flats. Eventually pushed ahead of him near the end and never saw him again.

Go faster. I think I could have pushed harder up some hills, but those repeats yesterday did my legs in.
Transition 2
  • 00m 54s
Comments:

Did the flying dismount, albeit a little slow, but it's an awkward area to dismount with some sharp corners around the parking lot. Had trouble getting socks on for the run.

Timing Chip didn't register me leaving T2, so I've estimated this based off of my run time from my Garmin.

I can probably run without socks for anything under 4 miles, so next race with a short run, I'll just go sockless.
Run
  • 28m 39s
  • 3.6 miles
  • 07m 58s  min/mile
Comments:

Felt pretty good after the first mile on the run, and had plenty left to push hard the last mile. Surprised myself that I had that much left in me after the bike. Timing chip didn't register me leaving T2, so my official run time was 4.8 seconds. Figured rank based on GPS time.

Gotta work on getting more comfortable quickly off the bike and settling into a good pace. I tend to start out too fast, then back off too much, then eventually find the "butter zone" after 1-2 miles.
Post race
Warm down:

Drank some water, put on some dry clothes and drove home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Training fatigue.

Event comments:

$12 for a 1/2 mile swim, 21 mile bike, and 3.5 mile. Need I say more?

Last updated: 2011-06-15 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:11:07 | 880 yards | 01m 16s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 2/53
Performance: Average
Suit: Xterra Vector Pro 3
Course: "T" swim. Start at beach, straight out, turn right, go down to the buoy, 180 degree turn, back past the start to another buoy, another 180 degree turn back to the beginning.
Start type: Run Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 03:13
Performance:
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:00:24 | 20.7 miles | 20.56 mile/hr
Overall: 10/53
Performance: Average
Wind:
Course: At least 7 decent hills, 2 of them were pretty steep, and lots of rollers (but long enough that you lost most of your momentum). Basically looped around the reservoir. Pretty breezy for the ride too.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:54
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Average
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:28:39 | 03.6 miles | 07m 58s  min/mile
Overall: 33/53
Performance: Good
Course: Two loops, started out on a gravel path through the woods, and then circled around on park roads back to the start. One good uphill at the beginning, then flat, then a good downhill back to the finish. Aid station at the beginning of the loop.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2011-06-15 9:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Springfield, OH
Subject: Speedy Feet Wednesday Night Tri Series - Race #2
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Speedy Feet Wednesday Night Tri Series - Race #2 Rss Feed