General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Because it's on my "Bucket List" - from Rapid City, SD Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-06-18 3:24 PM

Subject: Because it's on my "Bucket List" - from Rapid City, SD

Hello!  Smile

I am 39 years young, have never played a sport and have struggled with weight since having my first child 10 years ago.  I have lost 30 pounds in the past 3 months and have 30 more to go.  There is a history of obesity, heart disease, diabetes and cancer in my family. 

I have been re-evaluating my life and decided TTIN4me (The Time is Now For Me), but not for selfish reasons.  I want to be a better person for the benefit of my children, my husband and everyone around me. 

What better way to do that than to lose weight and get in shape, right?  If I am healthier and feel better physically, then I will also feel better mentally and emotionally.  This will enable me to give more of myself to my loved ones and will also increase my chances of sticking around on this earth a little longer, not to mention having better quality of life. 

I look forward to perhaps making new friends on this site as well as gaining inspiration and perhaps, just maybe, even... inspiring someone else.  Who knows?  Stranger things have happened.  Smile 

TTIN4me

2011-06-18 4:24 PM
in reply to: #3555705

User image

Elite
the desert
Subject: RE: Because it's on my "Bucket List" - from Rapid City, SD

Welcome to BT - - lots of good information and good people here to help you along the way.

Good luck to you in this journey - but warning - - triathlon can become quite addictive.

Definitely take advantage of the training logs and post your workouts - - no matter how fast or slow. People will then be able to comment/advise/etc on your workouts.

Lastly, have fun!

2011-06-18 6:39 PM

User image

Master
Gurnee, IL
TTIN4me - 2011-06-18 3:24 PM

Hello!  Smile

I am 39 years young, have never played a sport and have struggled with weight since having my first child 10 years ago.  I have lost 30 pounds in the past 3 months and have 30 more to go.  There is a history of obesity, heart disease, diabetes and cancer in my family. 

I have been re-evaluating my life and decided TTIN4me (The Time is Now For Me), but not for selfish reasons.  I want to be a better person for the benefit of my children, my husband and everyone around me. 

What better way to do that than to lose weight and get in shape, right?  If I am healthier and feel better physically, then I will also feel better mentally and emotionally.  This will enable me to give more of myself to my loved ones and will also increase my chances of sticking around on this earth a little longer, not to mention having better quality of life. 

I look forward to perhaps making new friends on this site as well as gaining inspiration and perhaps, just maybe, even... inspiring someone else.  Who knows?  Stranger things have happened.  Smile 

TTIN4me

I hear you!  type 2 diabetic here.  Same rationale when I started  years ago!    but have to disagree with you.   Its not a "bucket list" item   its a lifestyle change!   its not going to end!   its a new beginning.         congrats on your weight loss and your attitude!  oh and welcome to BT!

Edited by oriolepwr 2011-06-18 6:40 PM
2011-06-20 2:50 PM

User image

New user

Congrats on your weightloss and liftstyle change! I'm a bucket lister too! Mine is because it's for ME...the past ten years have focused on my 5 kids and now I want to do this for ME.

You can do it! It's like eating an elephant...one bite at a time!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Because it's on my "Bucket List" - from Rapid City, SD Rss Feed