Overall Rank = 933/1530
Age Group = F35-39
Age Group Rank = 49/84
Swim
  • 37m 12s
  • 2112 yards
  • 01m 46s / 100 yards
Comments:

I was in wave 6, F25-29 & F35-39. There was a pretty big group of us. The start was tough, lots of contact for most of the first length. I stayed on the inside of the buoy line for the most part. It was hard to sight coming back in, as the sun was directly in our eyes. Volunteers on kayaks/boards did an excellent job of keeping us in line.
What would you do differently?:

Start closer to the front of my wave. I usually do, not sure why I started a little further back today.
Transition 1
  • 03m 22s
Comments:

Good transition for me. Cleaned off my feet. Got my stuff and took off.

Nothing.
Bike
  • 2h 56m 37s
  • 56 miles
  • 19.02 mile/hr
Comments:

This was an excellent bike split for me. I felt really good, too. Good nutriton. Got a little tired in aero toward the end, need to spend more time in aero in training. More wind than I had expected, in was really tough in some areas, but made for some super speedy riding in others.

Nothing, really.
Transition 2
  • 04m 56s
Comments:

Spent a little time getting my legs back here. Wetted a towel and wiped myself down. Got my Garmin ready. Cleaned off my feet. Took my time.
Run
  • 2h 26m 49s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 11m 13s  min/mile
Comments:

Felt pretty good at the beginning. Took water, sponges, ice at every station. It was hot and there was very little shade. Got mentally tough as I closed in on the turn around (I always have a hard time with out and back runs). Halfway time was 1:04:04. Perfect. Mile 7 and 8 I started to slow a little, but I was ok with that. Mile 9 hit and I just fell apart. Stopped to pee, glad that I had to go so bad, put in lots of water and I knew my body was processing it. But, I just mentally and physically fell apart from there. I was so hot and so sick to my stomach. Tried to run as much as possible. I just felt awful. Worst I have ever felt in a race, ever. And, it just hit so hard and fast. My friend, Bob, caught up to me and we suffered the last 4 miles together. I was glad to see him, he really helped get me to the end.

I'm not sure why I fell apart so badly/quickly. I got plenty of fluids in, but I guess I need more calories. I was not very successful at getting my blocks down.
Post race
Warm down:

Got my goodies at the end. Walked around a little, got a frozen lemonade pop....omg, best post race food ever! Sat in the shade, couldn't get comfortable. Felt sick. Waves of nausea. Finally, ate some pizza and then felt better.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Probably lack of calories on the run. The hills & heat.

Event comments:

This event was amazing. Very, very well run. The volunteers were wonderful!! Especially the ones on the run course. It was a hard, hot run and they were there with ice, sponges, water, coke, they would spray you down with water. I would NOT have made it throug without them. They rocked!!

Last updated: 2010-11-12 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:37:12 | 2112 yards | 01m 46s / 100yards
Age Group: 13/84
Overall: 0/1530
Performance: Average
Suit: Tri Shorts/Top
Course: One loop.
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 81F / 27C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 03:22
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
02:56:37 | 56 miles | 19.02 mile/hr
Age Group: 42/84
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: Mostly out and backs. Some false flats and some inclines here and there. No real climbs, fairly flat. In some spots, you could just fly super easy and it felt great!
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 04:56
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
02:26:49 | 13.1 miles | 11m 13s  min/mile
Age Group: 61/84
Performance: Bad
Course: Out and back with rolling hills throughout. Very little shade.
Keeping cool Bad Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 1
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes