Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Breaking Bad - Season 4 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2011-07-18 7:21 AM

MoCo, MD
Subject: Breaking Bad - Season 4

Love this show. So awesome in every regard.

Anybody catch the season opener last night? Loved the Pulp Fiction homage of Jesse and Walt sitting in diner with ridiculous t-shirts because their other clothes were blood-spattered.

2011-07-18 7:44 AM
in reply to: #3601138

MoCo, MD
Subject: RE: Breaking Bad - Season 4

Ken Tucker of EW writes a recap of last night's premiere, and pretty much sums up why this show is great.

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2011/07/18/breaking-bad-season-4-episode-1/

As I look back on the hour of TV I’ve just described, I wonder a little at why I was so exhilarated after watching it. I do know why, of course. For all the talk we can have about how “dark” and “bleak” and “gritty” Breaking Bad is, for all the doom toward which Walt and Jesse are heading with a ferocious inevitability, the formal beauty of this series — its eloquent silences; its breath-taking pictorial compositions; its fine, essential moments of comic relief courtesy of Bob Odenkirk’s Saul; the neatly-tucked corners of its tidy story-telling — these are pleasures that transcend 98% of television’s usual attempts at dirty realism or fashionable pessimism. Bad slices through prime-time cliches, depressingly predictable dialogue and plot turns, with the clean efficiency of a box cutter.

Edited by mfoutz 2011-07-18 7:48 AM
2011-07-18 8:43 AM
in reply to: #3601138

User image

Regular
South Carolina
Subject: RE: Breaking Bad - Season 4
Lost Friday Night Lights, but got Breaking Bad back.  Best show on tv in my opinion.  Was soooo anxiously waiting for this season's opener.  Great opener.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Breaking Bad - Season 4 Rss Feed