2011-07-23 2:44 PM
in reply to: #3610995

User image

Champion
Taser-World
Subject: RE: Stage 19 *SPOILERS*
TriBabe2006 - 2011-07-23 12:33 AM

gerald12 - 2011-07-22 8:44 PM

TriBabe2006 - 2011-07-22 9:31 PM from little pistolero to pop gun...  after the race he's so unhappy that he isn't going to be first on the podium, the other two places mean nothing to him... the guys on Versus mentioned that it sounded like he wasn't going to push too hard in the TT for any attempt.... wow... how can he think that way when he doesn't know what might happen in front on him during that TT..  flat tires, crashes..   turn that around and look at the young American, Danielson, would probably KILL to change places with "pop gun" and finish anywhere on the podium...  did he race a bad race?  maybe.. under-estimating other riders this year? maybe.. gave it all in the Giro De Itaila (forgive my spelling as I have never seen this race), that's his problem because it has also been mentioned that its been years since someone won both in the same year... maybe the Giro was more important to him, instead of defending his TdF title... maybe he thought he could win both..  oh well...  as far as popping positive for a banned substance during the race last year, let WADA make the decision...

In the interview I watched he said he thought he could move up in the standings, possibly 3rd or 4th on a real good day. So I would think that means he is going to go hard tomorrow.

then paul and phil didn't understand the interview either....

I have found it interesting to read the Spanish newspapers (online, with the help of Google translator). I think a lot gets 'confused' when riders from non-English speaking countries try to understand, and answer, questions in English. Based on my take in the SPANISH websites, Contador was unhappy with his results, but "hopes to have a better day tomorrow."

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Stage 19 *SPOILERS* Rss Feed  

of 3