General Discussion Race Reports! » Toyota U.S. Open Triathlon Olympic Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Toyota U.S. Open Triathlon Olympic - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Dallas, Texas
United States
Total Time = 2h 42m 34s
Overall Rank = 234/648
Age Group = M35-39
Age Group Rank = 26/69
Swim
  • 29m 30s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 48s / 100 yards
Comments:

TT start jumping in 4-5 at a time. This spread people out pretty good and allowed me to sight more off of people than landscape. I had a pretty good effort and was able to find good line after good line to navigate through the crowds.

After the last turn, I was sighting off the sun. Before the race, I looked down the line as I'd be coming in. Realizing it would be almost directly into the sun, I decided to sight based off of keeping the sun to the left of the hotel building. Well, that was wrong and the I needed the sun just to the RIGHT of the hotel. So, I swam very wide coming in and had to make a significant change in course.
Transition 1
  • 02m 34s
Comments:

Long run to transition; otherwise pretty good.
Bike
  • 1h 10m 39s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 21.10 mile/hr
Comments:

Having ridden the course a couple of times, I knew exactly what to expect. My plan was to go hard and then see what I had left.

It all started out well. I got into a pretty good groove and was holding a good speed. Things got a bit tough on the rougher roads through the country, neighborhoodish roads. The road surface and hills put a dent in my mental state. I was happy to get to John King with the smooth surface, even with the bigger hills. It was also great to see my family parked at the turnaround rooting me on.

With about 4 miles left, I realized I was in trouble. My legs were hurting a bit and my stomach was a bit off. I rode down the last few turns and enjoyed the downhill coming back in to the harbor.
Transition 2
  • 02m 1s
Comments:

I actually considered stopping at the port-a-potty to pee, but figured I'd be able to make it.
Run
  • 57m 42s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 17s  min/mile
Comments:

Onto the run and hurting wondering if I should have stopped in T2. About 1/2 mile later, I pull off the street and throw-up a little, mostly liquid. That settled my stomach a bit, but my legs were still beat from the bike. I spent the rest of the run finding that pace where I could maintain and not have my quads want to start cramping. Unfortunately, that pace decreased over the run course. I kept the jog going as I knew walking wouldn't do anything but bring on the cramps, so I just stayed the course.
Post race

Last updated: 2010-08-17 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:29:30 | 1640 yards | 01m 48s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/69
Overall: 203/648
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder: