General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hilton Chicago and the Chicago Oly Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-08-09 12:32 PM

User image

Subject: Hilton Chicago and the Chicago Oly
Curious how convenient the Hilton is - I understood "across the street" but looks like a bit of a hike to the start on Google Earth.  Do you set up transition and go back to your room depending on when your wave starts? 

2011-08-09 1:40 PM
in reply to: #3635984

Master
SouthSide of Chicago
Subject: RE: Hilton Chicago and the Chicago Oly

myred86 - 2011-08-09 12:32 PM Curious how convenient the Hilton is - I understood "across the street" but looks like a bit of a hike to the start on Google Earth.  Do you set up transition and go back to your room depending on when your wave starts? 

It's pretty close (aka as close as you can).  I've not done this one, but it is right across Grant Park from the Swim start according to the course map online.  Hope that this helps.

2011-08-09 3:15 PM
in reply to: #3635984

Glen Ellyn, IL
Subject: RE: Hilton Chicago and the Chicago Oly

Yes, it is across he park from the swim start, but about 1 mile from T1/T2 (just so you're not surprised).  If you're looking for a hotel that's closer to T1, take a look at the Fairmont Hotel.

I'm staying at the Hilton though and there will probably be another 150-200+ triathletes there as well.

The Sprint has gone off first in the past with the Oly following it.  So, yes, many Oly triathletes head back to the hotel/bed after setting up transition.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hilton Chicago and the Chicago Oly Rss Feed