General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First triathlon tomorrow! Am I missing anything on checklist? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-08-12 10:07 AM

Subject: First triathlon tomorrow! Am I missing anything on checklist?

Am renting an SUV to drive to the triathlon but wanted to ask if there anything in particular I should know?

I've adding a few more carbs this week (multi-grain bread) and have a checklist for each event but want to be sure I'm not forgetting anything:

SWIM:  Goggles, sport bra/shorts, towel

BIKE:  Bike, helmet

RUN:  Running shoes, socks, fuel belt (will I need this for a sprint triathlon?), electrolyte water, gel, cap

In that I'll be wearing Nike dri-fit shorts for the entire event, should I change into a dry pair after the swim or will it dry enough on the bike ride for the run?

Is there anything I'm missing????

Thanks!!

2011-08-12 11:09 AM
in reply to: #3640826

Subject: RE: First triathlon tomorrow! Am I missing anything on checklist?

Your shorts should dry fine.

Ditch the fuel belt unless you have something specific you need to drink.  There should be at least one aid station on the run.  Make sure to take in fluids on the bike and in transition area and you will be more than fine.

Are you wearing running shoes on the bike?  Just checking so you don't forget cycling shoes.

Bring an extra towel to use as a transition towel.  Lay your stuff on it in the order that you will be using it.  The towel does not and should not be too large.  Walk yourself through each transition and imagine what you'll need.

Also, you may want to purchase a race belt for your number.

Aside from that...try and relax and have fun!!

Good luck!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First triathlon tomorrow! Am I missing anything on checklist? Rss Feed