General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Outer Limits Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-08-14 7:56 PM

User image

Newark, OH
Subject: Outer Limits Triathlon : Official Thread
This will be my first race.  We are 2 weeks out and I am getting pretty excited and a bit nervous.  I have done a few OWS and should be able to cover all the distances.  I have completed race distance bricks so as long as I don't lose my head on race day it should be a great experience.  I can't wait to get this first one under my belt since it will be a big accomplishment for me.  I started 2011 80 pounds heavier and essentially inactive.  I think I have come a long way and this will be a nice way to validate that progress.  Can't wait!  Who else will be there?

2011-08-15 4:14 PM
in reply to: #3643334

User image

Dublin, OH
Subject: RE: Outer Limits Triathlon : Official Thread

Congrats on the 80 pounds.  Amazing!

I will be there. Looking forward to a nice sprint in what is hopefully not too hot.  I was in great shape a week ago, but sitting at Hilton Head drinking beer, eating all day, and only running a bit is not really going to improve my time.   Also can't swim because I'm sick of getting sick of beign stung by jellyfish.  

If you're completing race distance bricks, good for you.  Just go nice and steady on the swim so you don't panic.  See you at the race.  

-Kevin 

2011-08-16 7:30 PM

This is my first time doing Outer Limits. Could anyone with past experience give me your best guess regarding the need for a wetsuit. Need to know if I will have to rent or borrow one. Thanks!
2011-08-20 10:09 AM

User image

Newark, OH
Packet pickup starts today at Tri Tech. I am heading over this afternoon! I have a feeling this week is going to drag on. Ready to race... or So I think.
2011-08-20 7:31 PM

I spoke to a gentleman the other day who has done this tri and he said 1) the water is plenty warm and 2) the bike entry has lots of loose gravel, so be careful. Lots of people take a spill there.

I'm excited also. Entering the hardest week...a taper week...but it's all worth it come Sunday.

2011-08-28 1:02 PM

User image

Newark, OH

Well, I did it!  I finished my first triathlon and it felt great.  It was a great day and the race was very enjoyable. I am curious if anyone else thought the headwind on the second part of the bike was a tough as I did.  Smile   I was able to meet all four of my goals: didn't drown, didn't crash, didn't walk and finished in under 2 hours.  All in all a great day! 

Here is the link to my race report:  http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=266398&posts=1&start=1

Edit:  It appears I didn't insert the link correctly. I am sorry.

Edited by grhoads56 2011-08-28 1:02 PM

2011-08-28 2:53 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2011-08-28 3:45 PM

Dublin, OH

Congrats on finishing your first race!  I was not a fan of the headwind on the way back either, but I didn't have a problem with the tailwind on the way out Wink.  I think it played more mental games with me than anything else because my average speed on the way back dropped by 3 mph and my heart rate actually went down on average of about 5 bpm which means I backed off a bit.  If you can't tell, I'm a data junkie

Posted my race report as well. 

It was a fun race, great weather (except for the wind), and good to be back home by 10AM. 

One more race left this year. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Outer Limits Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed