General Discussion Race Reports! » Summer Sizzler Sprint Distance Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Summer Sizzler Sprint Distance Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Hiawassee, Georgia
United States
Great Smokey Mountains Triathlon Club
Total Time = 55m 40s
Overall Rank = 2/71
Age Group = M35-39
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Stayed at the Ramada, which is basically right on-site so walked down to the transition area. Walked around a bit
Swim
  • 11m 46s
  • 704 yards
  • 01m 40s / 100 yards
Comments:

Ended up drafting of the same guy as yesterdays race, how freaky is that. Didn't know it til we got out of the water running up to transition. Was #7 out of water but #4 out of T-1
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Pretty zippy but could still improve. Came out of T-1 as #4 and the first 3 guys were still at the mount line trying to clip in, etc. I ran right by about 10 feet past the mount, did a flying mount and pedaled away. At the top of the hill when I was doing the shoes, the first 2 guys caught me and passed.
Bike
  • 31m 18s
  • 12.4 miles
  • 23.77 mile/hr
Comments:

So here's the funny thing,you leave the park and have to make a left onto the highway, the leader makes a right....ooopss. So #2 and I make the left and start digging to try and lose him. We are flying chasing each other, I'd catch and pass to pull a gap, then he'd reel me in and pass, etc. Then around mile 7, the leader who turned right, catches us so we both just latched on for the rest of the race. They dropped me on the hill at mile 9 but I was able to close it back by the time we got back to T-2. Come into T-2, all 3 of us within 10 seconds of eachother.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Boy do I love transitions. Flying dismount and the leader loses his shoe when he jumps off, so he turns around to run back and get it. So I go sprinting through T-2, rack bike, socks then shoes and gone. First to exit. What a feeling!
Run
  • 12m 35s
  • 1.86 miles
  • 06m 46s  min/mile
Comments:

Start off fast and HR is zooming. Legs definately feeling it from yesterdays effort too. Well within 300 yards of leaving T-2, the leader passes me at a sub6 pace. No way to hold so said 'great bike, see you at the finish".
What would you do differently?:

Hmmm, nothing I can do at this age to be sub6 splits.....
Post race
Event comments:

As usual, the SummerSizzler is a club type event, small, low key, relaxed with not too many frills. Having said that, the course is great and the volunteers are great. This is a weekend that we have circled for the past 2 years to make it a race weekend with the family in the mountains of N. Georgia. Enjoyed it again this year.

Last updated: 2011-08-02 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:11:46 | 704 yards | 01m 40s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/71
Performance: Good
Suit: xterra speed suit
Course: Single lap around the island
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 82F / 28C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:31:18 | 12.4 miles | 23.77 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course: Mostly flat for first 5 miles through town then hills on the way back around the lake, couple of sneakers around mile 7 and 9.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Hard Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:12:35 | 01.86 miles | 06m 46s  min/mile
Performance:
Course: 1 loop through park and parking lot, the parking lot is an evil steady grade that kicks up at the end.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2011-08-20 5:33 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Acworth, GA
Subject: Summer Sizzler Sprint Distance Triathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Summer Sizzler Sprint Distance Triathlon Rss Feed