General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » So I finally have the opportunity to start training for my first tri.. Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-09-07 2:07 PM

User image

Regular
Baton Rouge, LA
Subject: So I finally have the opportunity to start training for my first tri..
A little about me..I have been swimming for 7 years now..it was my life in high school, after graduation I coached varsity for 2 years. My freshman year in high school there was a girl that was a senior that was big into tri's(didn't realize at the time how big..a few years back before an injury she was apparently ranked in the top 5 for U23..). I loved seeing how hard she trained and pushed herself..I love that feeling of draining every ounce of strength I have in my body..and keep pushing. I have wanted to do a triathlon for years, but never had the financial backing to make that happen. However I recently moved from Florida to Louisiana and got a new job, so I can start saving up for a few weeks for a bike and some other gear. I kind of think it's going to be a perfect time to start a training program being the offseason..Well before this becomes a larger wall of text, I just wanted to say hello to everyone here, and I can't wait to learn and get to know some members around here..and who knows, I may have the opportunity to see you pass by me in a race :P

2011-09-07 4:49 PM
in reply to: #3676591

User image

Master
Los Angeles, CA
Subject: RE: So I finally have the opportunity to start training for my first tri..

Greetings and welcome to BT!  It's great to hear you can start training for our sport!  I was in the same situation a few years ago.   It's a good thing I waited until I was financially able to train and race cuz seeing how much I've invested this year, I was like, wow!  I'm glad I love this stuff! 

Anyways, have you looked around the site yet?  The Forums have alota interesting areas you can read up on as well as the Programs area.  Have fun learning and training! =)

~Roland

2011-09-07 6:33 PM
in reply to: #3676591

User image

Regular
Baton Rouge, LA
Subject: RE: So I finally have the opportunity to start training for my first tri..
Thanks for the welcome I'm hoping I can put my swim knowledge to use around here a bit..I coached mostly distance swimmers on my varsity team..I know it's different than OWS, but it will still over lap a lot. I may even put together a thread with daily swim workouts written for just tri's, if anyone is interested I'm going to dump most of my funds into gear over the next month or so..I was going to save for a motorcycle..but triathlons sound like a better use of my life :P
2011-09-09 9:07 PM
in reply to: #3676954

New user

Welcome! I am in Louisiana as well and am training for my first tri! You have quite an advantage over me with that swimming background. I wish I were a stronger swimmer! 
2011-09-12 9:44 PM
in reply to: #3680020

User image

Regular
Baton Rouge, LA
Where at in Louisiana?
2011-09-14 11:13 AM
in reply to: #3676954

User image

Master
Los Angeles, CA

Vivacity - 2011-09-07 4:33 PM Thanks for the welcome I'm hoping I can put my swim knowledge to use around here a bit..I coached mostly distance swimmers on my varsity team..I know it's different than OWS, but it will still over lap a lot. I may even put together a thread with daily swim workouts written for just tri's, if anyone is interested I'm going to dump most of my funds into gear over the next month or so..I was going to save for a motorcycle..but triathlons sound like a better use of my life :P

Go for it man!  Make sure you post it in the Triathlon Talk place though.  I myself can still use some good swimming tips. =)

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » So I finally have the opportunity to start training for my first tri.. Rss Feed