General Discussion Race Reports! » Champoeg Half Marathon and 5 Miler Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Champoeg Half Marathon and 5 Miler - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
St. Paul, Oregon
United States
Energy Events
65F / 18C
Precipitation
Total Time = 2h 16m 28s
Overall Rank = 97/163
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 8/14
Pre-race routine:

Drove down to Champoeg Park from Portland race day and arrive about an hour before the start. Had some coffee, water, and cereal before the start.
Event warmup:

Typical stretching.
Run
  • 2h 16m 28s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 10m 25s  min/mile
Comments:

Felt pretty good for first 9 miles. Felt pretty crappy at mile 11 and regained a bit of form the last mile. Ran with Jen until mile 11 and then let her go on ahead. She beat me by nearly 2 minutes!
What would you do differently?:

Need more long runs! I have felt sickly the last week or so but am regaining strength. I though I would've finished a bit faster, perhaps in the 2:05 to 2:10 range but I can deal with 2:16. I have another half marathon in two weeks! We'll see if there's any improvement.
Post race
Warm down:

A little stretching followed by some food and a beer at the race. Watched the kids do a short "Dirt Dash" which was really cute. Jen and I drove back into Portland and went to HUB for another celebratory beer and fries.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Severe allergies the past two-three weeks and then a nasty cold last weekend really sapped my strength. I've missed a few runs in the 5-8 mile range plus last weekend's 10 miler.

Event comments:

Fun, pretty race that I would recommend to others and would definitely race again. Could've used a couple more water stations (glad I ran with a 16 oz bottle) and some porta potties on course. Heard more than a few people complain about that. Otherwise, I had a really nice time!

Last updated: 2011-09-13 12:00 AM
Running
02:16:28 | 13.1 miles | 10m 25s  min/mile
Age Group: 8/14
Overall: 97/163
Performance: Average
Course: Mostly flat route with a couple of rollers and two small climbs. Ran on park;s bike trails along the river and then out onto a medium-trafficked country road. Basically an out and back course with about 1125' of uphill.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %n/a
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes