Rotary Club of Issaquah
45F / 7C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 01m 43s
Overall Rank = 149/195
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 25/37
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 7, took a shower, had 3/4's of a banana and a glass of o.j.
Got to the registration about an hour before the race. I had signed up for the 5K, but decided to do the 10K so got registration changed. The staff was prepared for changes so it took less than a minute to make the switch.
Event warmup:

I jogged about a quarter mile, had a cup of coffee and a Cliff Shot (Razz Sorbet), stretched, then got in the chute with the 10K group for a 9 AM start.
Run
  • 1h 01m 43s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 56s  min/mile
Comments:

The cool weather was great and the rain let up so that there was a only a mist during the run. I employed the run 9 min./walk 1 min. method. It worked well for me. I focused on form as I got tired and it really seemed to help reduce the hip pain I get.

I really hate being so slow.

What would you do differently?:

Increase core strength this winter to help "run tall". It really made a difference today when I focused on form.
Post race
Warm down:

Grabbed a water, yogurt, and orange slice as I passed through the finishers' area. Walked briskly for a while and then did cool down stretching.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I took a rest/break from training the past three weeks after my last tri of the season on September 11.

Event comments:

The drink stations were staffed by cute Cub Scout boys. They were all smiles and they really gave me a boost. The course volunteers were very enthusiastic, one group even did the wave for me at the five mile mark! That was a real treat!

The course is very well marked. The splits are called at each mile. The Rotary Club really does an excellent job organizing this event. It includes a 5K as well as a 1K kids' run.

Last updated: 2005-10-03 12:00 AM
Running
01:01:43 | 06.21 miles | 09m 56s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/37
Overall: 0/195
Performance: Average
Course:
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3