Temple Terrace, Florida
United States
Temple Terrace Police Department
Total Time = 1h 12m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 3/7
Pre-race routine:

trying to eat a bagel, no tummy for it, so downed the Boost instead. Stretching a lot. Watching waves take off.
Event warmup:

none, we weren't allowed in the pool.
Swim
  • 00m
  • 440 yards
  • / 100 yards
Comments:

I DID IT AGAIN!!! I missed the damn start. By the time I took off everyone was like 20 or so yards out. I can't hear the gun go off. I was just biding my time at the wall... finally caught up with my friend and lane mate Diane and drafted off her feet for a long time. She decided to do flip turns and got ahead of me eventually by half a pool lenght. I kept crashing into the wall b/c there was no T mark- just a shorter hash mark. grrrr... Diane and I were 1 and 2 out of the pool!! Yay!!!
What would you do differently?:

pay more attention to the starting gun. Even though I can't hear it, I should at least watch him.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

nothing biggie. Christian came up to me and told me my time. This was a non-sanctioned race and the T area was pretty much open. I did make sure he stayed way off, though. I got a spot next to the fence so he was just hanging out there outta the way.
Bike
  • 00m
  • 8 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Comments:

It was scary, some of the turns were on a fast downhill. I got my gearing ready- I was ready for those hills this time and actually stood up on my bike once, that was nerve wracking. Not used to it. There was a bad wreck on the course-at a downhill turn no less- loop 1 she was lying down motionless with a cop at her side, loop2 she was being hauled away in ambulance. Hope she's okay.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

remembered to dismount- I didn't do this last year. Saw someone actually riding all the way up to her rack! again, nonsanctioned small race so....
Run
  • 00m
  • 3 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

I did okay. I havent done many bricks in training recently. Short, quick turnover helped. I only walked once at the water station. Of course my run still sucks. When a short, FAT chick passed me like I was standing still, I just wanted to stop, sit down and cry. But I kept going... and around the last corner, another chick passes me and my legs are just so shot! I am trying my damndest to pass her but can't. Then this guy on the side sees me trying, and starts pacing me, I picked it up and came within one foot of passing her, close enough to touch! I saw him at the finish line and thanked him profusely in my post race delirium.
What would you do differently?:

duh- run faster and not be such a crybaby.
Post race
Warm down:

walk around panting!! Diane was already done! she placed first in her AG (40 somethings).

What limited your ability to perform faster:

my run sucks. what else?

Event comments:

No chip timing, so no splits. They put me and a couple other ladies in the wrong AG's when they entered data for the final times... b/c at the awards, third in my AG was slower than me by like 15 minutes- so we disputed it, found my name in the 25-29 yo group! geez! I won my first AG award- I got third place!!! (I've placed in a few Athena divisions before, but this is first AG award.) It would of been nice to be recognized at the ceremony, though. Luckily the person they called wasn't there to pick up the award so I got my trophy! They misspelled "triathlon" TRIATHOLON on it. They got it right on the finishers medals, though.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2005-10-02 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:00:00 | 440 yards | / 100yards
Age Group: 0/7
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: up and down 17 laps in a 25 yard pool.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:00:00 | 08 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Performance: Good
Wind: Strong
Course: two loop course with HILLs! Sharp turns.
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:00:00 | 03 miles |  min/mile
Performance:
Course: loop around nice neighborhoods. Flat, windy.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2005-10-30 12:03 PM

User image

Wife, Mother, Friend.
South
Subject: Top Cop Triathlon

2005-10-30 12:47 PM
in reply to: #274662

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Top Cop Triathlon

Congratulations Lucy!  First place!!!!  Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

2005-10-30 1:24 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
COngratulations...misspelled triathlon.....thats hysterical....
2005-10-30 2:37 PM

Veteran
Chula Vista, Ca
Nice race. Got to watch us fat people, sometimes we will just blow by you with doughnut in one hand and a rootbeer in the other.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Top Cop Triathlon Rss Feed