General Discussion Race Reports! » GCC Adult Halloween Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

GCC Adult Halloween Sprint Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Glendale, Arizona
United States
Tri-Family Racing
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 11m 49s
Overall Rank = 11/156
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 3/12
Pre-race routine:

About a cup of some new energy drink that I'm never going to use again so it's not worth mentioning...the taste sucks...and a bananna.
Event warmup:

Normal stretching.
Swim
  • 06m 40s
  • 400 meters
  • 01m 40s / 100 meters
Comments:

Ok Ron, I'm not sure what that block was all about when I was passing you in the pool...I forgot to ask you about it...but that was pretty lame. Julie caught it on film and it looks as bad from her point of view as it felt in the pool...what were you trying to do?
What would you do differently?:

I'm throwing elbows next time somebody tries to intentionally block me in the pool...I've got a great "phyisical contact while in water" background and I'm not afraid to use it.

I'm not pissed at you Ron...I just don't understand why you were pushing me into the lane lines...maybe it was unintentional?
Transition 1
  • 01m 30s
Comments:

I've got to get a bike parts bag for my bike...I lost a lot of time trying to get that stuff in my back pocket. It was really discouraging to hear Julie cheer Ron out of T1 while I knew I was losing valuable time trying to get my shit together. In the end, it didn't matter...but I might have been able to focus better and move quicker.

I know I'm a 1:30 kind of T1 guy...but without even seeing the results yet I can tell this was more like 2 min.

----

I'm going to have to estimate 1:30 because they screwd our T1 and T2 times...they added T1 and T2 plust 1:30 of the bike into the swim time.

Bike parts bag for sure!!!
Bike
  • 34m 49s
  • 12.1 miles
  • 20.85 mile/hr
Comments:

When I went back to check my water bottle on my bike, I only consumed 2/3 when it should have been really close to or empty. It was filled with that new E energy drink crap that I'll never use again! Stuff was sticky and nasty tasting.

I noticed most of my gained ground on Ron on the bike was in the parking lot with all the turns...I think it's because I was standing up off the turns and getting back to speed ASAP. I noticed he stayed in the aero position which might have caused him to not reach top speed as fast.

Push a little harder on 2nd lap, stop trying to conserve.
Transition 2
  • 00m 30s
Comments:

Again, problems getting rid of bike parts out of tri suit. Need a bike parts bag.

Again, I'm a very steady :30 T2 kind of guy...this was maybe a :35-40.

Bike parts bag!!!
Run
  • 28m 59s
  • 3.9 miles
  • 07m 26s  min/mile
Comments:

I saw the video of me runnning...I'm jogging. I've got to learn to keep that heart rate up and not let myself get into a slower groove.

I had a great 200m sprint to the finish with another racer. Thanks to this hairy bastered I really had fun with the end of my run. He was a nice guy...I forgot his name...if you should read this, thanks.

Try short occasional sprints to boost overall speed...even though this isn't normally recommended.
Post race
Warm down:

The useual chit-chat.

Event comments:

Seemed better than last year...there was a little caos at times with the race event set-up...but not bad.

Last updated: 2005-11-01 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:06:40 | 400 meters | 01m 40s / 100meters
Age Group: 2/12
Overall: 13/156
Performance: Good
The screwd up our times but this should be a pretty close estimate based on the data that I do have.
Suit: Tri suit
Course: 25y laps in a pool back and forth down each lane. Swam 8 lengths, got out, ran to other side, swam it again.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Waves
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Bad
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:30
Performance: Bad
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:34:49 | 12.1 miles | 20.85 mile/hr
Age Group: 4/12
Overall: 9/156
Performance: Average
Wind: Some
Course: Some of the turns got sketchy on the main streets. I almost spit on a guy passing me becuase there weren't very many and I didn't expect to pass on my right. I had a girl almost wipe out on the turn on to Olive and I had to swing wide and outside of the cones into traffic to aviod hitting her. I never did check my 7 to see if there was a car...just reacted. Sounded like she dropped her chain on the turn too...I'm betting she was trying to shift while turning and not peddaling.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 00:30
Overall: Bad
Riding w/ feet on shoes Bad
Jumping off bike Bad
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:28:59 | 03.9 miles | 07m 26s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/12
Overall: 23/156
Performance: Average
Course: Changed a bit...and I like it a lot. More shade it seemed like. Plus since it was out and back instead of a lolly pop you knew exactly where the half way point was to begin the increase of speed.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %1
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2005-11-01 2:27 AM

User image

Veteran
Peoria AZ
Subject: GCC Adult Halloween Sprint Triathlon

2005-11-04 2:48 PM
in reply to: #275498

User image

Veteran
Phoenix, AZ
Subject: RE: GCC Adult Halloween Sprint Triathlon
Wasn't it fun???  It was so nice that your family came out in support.  On to Tucson.....
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » GCC Adult Halloween Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed