Cross Courtry Club of Dallas
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 55m 45s
Overall Rank = 863/3131
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 121/276
Pre-race routine:

Woke up about 6:30am. Ate a power bar and had some gatorade and headed to the race. Only about 20 minutes away.
Event warmup:

Walked from the car to the race start.
Run
  • 1h 55m 45s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

Started out slow as planned. For one, this was just a long run for me. I just wanted a group to run with. A BIG GROUP. As usual it was very crowed at the beginning which also kept me at a slower pace. As things cleared out, I struggled to keep my pace down as others were beginning to pick it up. But as usual, you see alot of those people again around miles 4,5, and 6. I felt really good during all of the 13.1. Aaron(JeepFleeb) finally passed me somewhere between 10 and 11. I had been waiting for him to pass me all day so I was kind of glad to not see him until that point. But he was taking it easy, so if he was really working at it he would have passed me quite a few miles earlier. We talked for just a minute and then he ran off and left me. But it was nice to have his flag to chase for awhile. Came across the finish line and just kept going through the parking lot and looped back onto the course to get some more mileage in. I should have done another mile or so but it was kind of depressing running against the grain of everyone else going in.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. Good pacing, negative split, felt good. Just what I wanted to do.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked back to the car(half mile or so)

Event comments:

This is a great way to get those long runs in. Beats running my same old routes.

Last updated: 2005-11-06 12:00 AM
Running
01:55:45 | 13.1 miles | 08m 50s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/276
Overall: 0/3131
Performance: Good
Course: Course went around the White Rock Lake area and through some of the surrounding neighborhoods.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes