BKB Limited
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 8/215
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 2/15
Pre-race routine:

Woke up and ate 2 waffles and a bannana and some coffee. Got to the race site to meet up with the BT CO crew. Stacie(Luv2ride),Stacey(Stacers),Jen(numberswoman),Ben(triforresttri),Ryan(himself)and Matt (Blackbud). This was a run sponsored by my school district to help raise money. Thanks for coming all!
Event warmup:

Run back and forth the car to put away my jacket and Stacie and Stacey's jackets.
Run
  • 19m 26s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 15s  min/mile
Comments:

I started out pretty fast and stayed with another guy. At the first mile I was at 5:47 pace. Mile two I was at 12:20. I had a few people pass me, 7 to be exact. I was out front for about 5 seconds. It was a good race considering I have not trained for quite a while.
I actually PR'ed. That is my fastest open 5k race to date. Scary! I haven't really trained.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing, well train more but it was just for fun.
Post race
Warm down:

Run back to the car to get the jackets. Then the BT crew went to Village inn and pigged out. I have never seen 7 athletes so hungry and ready to sit down in all my like. We had to stand for like 30 minutes to get a table. Stacie I owe you a dollar. Thanks for the breakfast.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Don't know!

Event comments:

It was fun running with my friends. Great race for everyone of the Bt'ers. Great to hang out once again and we got to eat a nice breakfast in the warmth of village inn. I Think several of us PR'ed today. Way to show up in force!

Last updated: 2005-11-04 12:00 AM
Running
00:19:26 | 03.11 miles | 06m 15s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/15
Overall: 8/215
Performance: Good
Average HR was was 171 Max Hr was 186. That's the highest I have ever seen.
Course: Downhill from the start. A quick right hander and through the neighborhood. Down another hill and another right hander. Kid of flat here. Then another right hander and up a pretty steep hill. I think that's where I hit the 186 on the HR.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes