General Discussion Race Reports! » Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Singapore,
Singapore
Total Time = 6h 33m 22s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 6h 33m 22s
  • 42 kms
  • 09m 22s  min/km
Comments:

Took 4 powergels and lots of water and isotonic drink throughout the race.
I was expecting a sub 5 hr run and never expected even in a worst case scenario to turn in such a slow embaressing timing of 6 hrs 30mins timing....

Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

At the half way point at east coast park legs were already feeling heavy and at the point of cramping up. Not enough mileage done for my first marathon, too complacent.

Event comments:

Was there late and just reach there in time for the race to start.
was at the bus pickup pt at 4.55am but got onboard the bus thinking I made it just in time for the 5am bus to take me to the race site for the 6am marathon race.It was only later that the runner on board realise that they were on the wrong bus and the 5 am bus had left much earlier.Fortunately the bus left earlier at 5.20am instead of the scheduled 5.30am timing.

Finally completed my first marathon, jogging the first half and pacing myself not to push too hard in the beginning, reaching the halfway pt in East Coast park in less than 2 and a half hour. But at that time my legs just felt really tight and at the brink of cramping up and sun was coming up. Tried to jog abit and walk but walking most of the times. you can see a quite a number of runners were stretching and some were overcome by cramps.I finally stopped to walk.
Even walking it was a long way to walk.I just could not run anymore cause every part of my legs were heavy, Throughout the entire race I was not feeling tired or exhausted from the running but the legs were feeling realy tight and heavy, I have never felt this way before
I must be one of the slowest runner in that race even when I,m walking can see many people overtaking me some that I have overtaken previously early on in the race.It's a really humbling experience
A half marathon is nothing until you try the full marathon. It's not about whether you have the speed or stamina but whether your legs can take it and can outlast the distance.
With a time like that I can only improve.... Next Target KL Marathon since it's the next major running event in the region and have to really work on increasing my mileage to train for this to make sure I don,t have to walk the rest of the way again.

Last updated: 2005-12-04 12:00 AM
Running
06:33:22 | 42 kms | 09m 22s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2005-12-04 10:37 PM

Veteran
Singapore
Subject: Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon Rss Feed