General Discussion Triathlon Talk » tri trial runs - in doors? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-28 5:52 PM

User image

Master
Chicago
Subject: tri trial runs - in doors?
Hey, when you do your mock tri's and you can's swim in open water how do you do them. Do you do them all in doors. And do you count that time.Say you swim in an indoor pool. Do you run outside to where your bike is and hop on or do you go to the indoor trainer? Just curious. I need to do a mock tri here soon. My first tri is in two weeks and I haven't done any mocks or any T1-T2 prep. Am I screwed?

2004-04-28 6:02 PM
in reply to: #21812

Veteran
Keller, TX
Subject: RE: tri trial runs - in doors?

Screwed?  Nah, definitely not screwed . . .

You can do some practicing just around the house.  If you are going to get really competitive about things and want to shave every minute off you can, you might want to practice a lot, otherwise just practice a little bit.

Run from one room in the house to another and do T1.  Run back to another room and do T2.  You don't have to do the full mock-tri to practice.

I didn't practice T1 at all before my tri.  Wish I would have.  I think my T1 was about 2:50 or so.  I know I can do better now.

Visualize what you want it to look like, then practice it that way, but you don't have to do the whole tri to get your practice in.

TB

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » tri trial runs - in doors? Rss Feed