Texoma Health Foundation
43F / 6C
Sunny
Total Time = 23m 15s
Overall Rank = 10/166
Age Group = 40/49
Age Group Rank = 2/10
Pre-race routine:

I jogged the 2.5 miles to the start then just busied myself with some jogs and strides, mostly trying to stay warm
Event warmup:

The jog to the start then some easy jogs and short sorints
Run
  • 23m 15s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

The downhill start got me off fast, I had not seen the rest of the course to know what to expect. MAYBE, I could have dug in and taken a few seconds off my time. I counted 7 ahead of me at the start, then 8 or so. Briefly I had begun to gain on the guy ahead of me when he slowed but then he picked it up again and I decided not to chase, I had noted a female gaining on me and she must have kicked in some at 2.5, I heard her gaining, but she also moaned a bit so I wasn't sure she would take me, she passed really smooth and fast on the last stretch-turned out to be the Women's overall winner so I guess that's cool. At .1 I heard cheers and heavy footfalls behind me so I kicked in and sprinted hard-turned out I was racing a teenage girl-I beat her lol but that got me a time I was happy with.
What would you do differently?:

Not real sure, I ran pretty good for me and very close to my last 5k, 1 second off my previous PR
Post race
Warm down:

1 bottle of water, pace a bit, find my jacket then stand around and stay warm waiting for the awards and watching the Kids races

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I have had some knee/ITB pain and some pain in my right foot. I didn't really notice them during the race but they were on my mind, I have backed off recently to avoid this becoming an injury leading up to my marathon in December. I could probably have dug in and done better but it wasn't worth hurting myself

Event comments:

I like the small town local races, I can be competitive in these. Compared to McKinney, Plano, Dallas where I end up as a slow FOP or fast MOP runner.

Last updated: 2011-10-08 12:00 AM
Running
00:23:15 | 03.11 miles | 07m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/10
Overall: 10/166
Performance: Good
I hit 6:59 on mile 1 but obviously slowed down. HRM showed a hi of 176bpm
Course: Down hill start then some gentle hills through the neighborhoods, long gentle uphill finish. I run the finish stretch of this course frequently and know it well
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes