Australian Triathlon Forum South Australia » South Aussie Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2011-11-05 7:40 PM

Subject: South Aussie
Hi allJust wondering I there are any fellow south Aussies out there? I'm a newbie and in need of a mentor I live in campbelltown. Would love to hear from anyone.Renee

2011-11-16 4:26 AM
in reply to: #3835102

User image

Regular
South Australia
Subject: RE: South Aussie

Hi Renee,

I am from up north in the town of Port Pirie. Started Tri's last year but only did one race as i broke my wrist in a bike accident but looking to do a heap of sprints and an Oly by the end of the season. i dont post on here much but i do read it a lot and i log all my training as it has been really great option to use.

Have fun training its addictive!

Champ

2011-11-20 11:50 PM

New user

Port Elliot

G'day fellow South Ozzy's.

I'm from Port Elliot down on the south coast. I've just come across BT, so i'm still trying the get my head around all the features.

I've done a couple of mini tri's and hope to do my first olympic dis.next March in victor harbor. I,m no mentor but if you want to bounce any idea's around. I've done alot of running but I can't swim for .

Shane.

2011-11-22 4:05 AM

User image

Regular
South Australia

Hi there shane,

I've planned to do the Victor oly next March as well. Dont worry ny swim is crap too! Are you planning on doing any of the Gatti races at West Lakes this season? I'm having a crack at the challenge on Dec 4th.

Champ.

2012-07-23 8:03 AM

Hi

I am fairly new to tri's  - but plunged into it in a big way - am going to attempt Murrayman at Barmera in Nov. Have done a couple of sprint tris etc.

I live in Blackwood if anyone is around there.

I am wondering about what I need in terms of clothing and i need advice on race nutrition.

Fairly new to this site, bit no doubt there is plenty on here!

Give me a shout if looking for a training buddy... but be warned I am SLOW!!!!

Cheers

2012-09-27 5:50 AM

It seems there are a number of us country living South Aussies here - I live in Ceduna!

Cheers,

Andy.

2013-02-22 9:25 PM

G'day, I am a newbie to Tri, been riding bikes for ages but bit nervous about Tri as there seems to be so much info to take in. Also looking for info on good clubs and mentor/coaches etcJustin.
2013-02-26 5:59 AM

Regular
Tri clubs that you might want to take a look at are Adelaide Tri Club and Lakers Triathlon Club. In terms of tri gear best bet is to buy online, you won't find much local here in Adelaide
2013-02-26 8:46 PM

New user

Mt Gambier here, hoping to do first tri at Beachport on the weekend.
2013-02-28 11:16 PM

I am finding there are too many programs that keep confusing me. Anyone have a 'simple' but effective Tri training program for someone who hasn't done much swimming and long distance running lately but is reasonably fit and effective on the bike?

Any books worth looking at? I'm finding getting started and sticking to one program my biggest hurdle.

2013-03-15 8:35 PM

User image

Regular
South Australia
There are alot of good magazines out there that some put out a beginners guide to S/B/R which are easy to follow and a good resource for tips. Just cant remember the name of them.

2014-01-13 7:00 PM

I'm in Aberfoyle Park. Started training for Victor Tri in March! Did New York Marathon in 2011, so this is a new challenge! Swimming I have just found it will be the tough one! Any ideas on training for 1.5km swim in 7 weeks??? Cheers
2014-01-19 10:12 PM
in reply to: Nickhan72

Regular
Get yourself some coaching sessions or join one of the local tri club swim squads - Lakers or Adelaide Tri Club are your best bets i would think. They tend to have 2 pool sessions and an open water swim per week. Unfortunately Adelaide is kind of crappy in terms of Tri resources and events, the two clubs mentioned are your two biggest local groups.

Victor is a sheltered lake swim, a hilly bike and a flat run - you may want to schedule your training around this kind of a course profile - strength on the bike, and fast turnover on the run.

Good luck
New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum South Australia » South Aussie Rss Feed