Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor (the CBS show) - question for you all... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-12 2:01 PM

User image

Eden Prairie, MN
Subject: Survivor (the CBS show) - question for you all...
Does anyone else watch Survivor? I have loved the show since it began in 1999 - and now I am actually submitting my application to see if I could be a contestant. I was wondering if you all could help me a little -

I need to submit a 3 minute video of who I am and why I should be on Survivor. What should I do that would make my video stand out among the thousands of videos they get? I know you don't know me very well, but I was curious what other people could think of.

Thanks! Sue Ellen

2004-05-12 3:17 PM
in reply to: #24486

User image

Master
Berkeley, CA
Subject: RE: Survivor (the CBS show) - question for you all...
Sue Ellen!!

I'm not a humongous fan, but it is definitely THE SHOW discussed at the water cooler--so with a desire to be a part of the conversation, I started watching it this season for the first time. Also since my recent bike trainer purchase, I've been watching considerably more TV anyway!

I was both drawn to and repulsed by the show at the same time... but couldn't stop watching it!! (o:

Here's my $.02 about doing a video. You could do a sort of mocumentary about the training life of a amateur triathlete--but making it full of humor about all the unexpected training aspects that would enable you to 'survive'

1) Dealing with malodorous situations
2) Surviving the pummeling and (being pummeled) aspect of the open water swim
3) Sabotage of another participants race
4) etc., etc.

You could think of all kinds of really funny ways to do it, and emphasize the entire time how ridiculous it is that you would be trying to compete against the elite. Sort of self-deprecating take (Hold up a picture of Barbara Lindquist, future Athens gold winner and how you are going to take her down!), and yet determination to compete by-hook-or-by-crook.

Anyway, just a thought. I'd love it if you were on the show!!! That would be marvelous--you would get my vote... except if you did something totally reprehensible, but I'm SURE that wouldn't happen!!

Dana

BTW, are you voting for a winner for tomorrow's show??

2004-05-12 5:28 PM
in reply to: #24486

User image

Eden Prairie, MN
Subject: RE: Survivor (the CBS show) - question for you all...
I know exactly what you mean about being repulsed by the show too - I hope to keep my integrity in tact - which probably means I wouldn't win - but I feel in my gut that I should be out there trying! One of those inner voices calling me to do it - or at least to try! I have watched the shows progressively get more involved in lying to each other in more grotesque ways - but somehow I still feel like I need to do it. I haven't really felt that way about too many things in my life so I decided I better at least send in my application and then leave it to fate/the producers as to whether or not I actually do it.

Great ideas - thanks! And YES I have voted already!

Sue Ellen

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor (the CBS show) - question for you all... Rss Feed