General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Racking the Bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-16 1:14 AM

Subject: Racking the Bike
I have never done a triathlon, and my first one is this coming Sunday (May23). When i put my bike in the rack, 1:do I lock it up? 2: do I just leave my wetsuit or swim stuff next to it? 3) do I get marked off or something if I am messy? 4) where can i find all this stuff out?! 5) how early should i get there? 6) Do i lock it up after the ride?

I need hints

2004-05-16 2:02 AM
in reply to: #25184

Subject: RE: Racking the Bike
#1 NO #2 YES #3 NO #4 I'll try an answer the best i can. #5 Allow yourself at least 1 hr. #6 NO i have never seen a bike locked up in transistion area. lock it up if you take it out of the transistion area. have fun and enjoy the day.
2004-05-16 7:56 AM
in reply to: #25184

User image

Champion
Ottawa, Ontario
Subject: RE: Racking the Bike
1:do I lock it up? That is up to you, but there is no need to lock up because only the contestants are allowed in the transition area.

2: do I just leave my wetsuit or swim stuff next to it? Yes, there is an area which is usual directly in front of the bike designated as yours.

3) do I get marked off or something if I am messy? No, all areas get messy as other triathletes muck about.

4) where can i find all this stuff out?! All rules and regulations should be posted on the organizer's site

5) how early should i get there? Be there at LEAST one hour before your scheduled event; there will much confusion and milling about so you want to make sure you are ready before the start.

6) Do i lock it up after the ride? You can if you want, however, as stated earlier, only the contestants are allowed in the transition areas. Do it if you want of course, it's up to you.

7) Do I plan on having fun? I sure hope so, because it would be a waste of time otherwise. Professionals do it for pay, we do it for fun.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Racking the Bike Rss Feed