Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Race report: Multisport or Adventure Racing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-03-07 7:28 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Brisbane
Subject: Race report: Multisport or Adventure Racing

I don't know if there's much demand for this, but... 

Is there any possibility that a race report format may be created for multisport events in which the order of the events is random, like in an adventure race?

And the person preparing the report may actually place the events in the order of his/her specific race and repeat an event; for example: run then kayak then run then bike then kayak again?

or something similar?

Félix

2006-03-07 7:35 AM
in reply to: #362885

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2006-03-08 8:58 AM

Extreme Veteran
Tokyo, Japan
Subject: RE: Race report: Multisport or Adventure Racing
dragoman - 2006-03-07 10:28 PM

I don't know if there's much demand for this, but... 

Is there any possibility that a race report format may be created for multisport events in which the order of the events is random, like in an adventure race?

And the person preparing the report may actually place the events in the order of his/her specific race and repeat an event; for example: run then kayak then run then bike then kayak again?

or something similar?

Félix

Hah!  For your AR's it would be more like run, hike, bike, kayak, swim, climb...repeat 500 times!!

However, I don't know if anyone, even Ron, will be able to help you with the "shooting hoops" part of your races.

2006-03-08 11:53 AM

Champion
Fairport, NY
Subject: RE: Race report: Multisport or Adventure Racing

This was discussed at the recent BeginnerTriathlete board meeting in Hawaii. Well it wasn't exactly a board meeting, it was more like a couple of emails. And it wasn't so much a meeting as it was Ron telling me what to do. And it wasn't in Hawaii, it was between Ohio and New York. In winter. Anyways...

The number of race formats out there really isn't really large enough to warrant creating this kind of functionality. If a member does a a race with a format that isn't in the list, all they have to do is let us know and it will be added. Eventually other people are going to do the same race or one with the same format.

We've found that this kind of meta-data (data that describes other data) is highly susceptible to duplication through typos etc, so it pays off to maintain some control over it.  This will also give us some more flexibility when it comes to searching for races, grouping them together etc.

So if you're doing a race with a format that isn't listed, just let us know. We'll get it in there.

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Race report: Multisport or Adventure Racing Rss Feed