General Discussion Race Reports! » Henry Wienhard's St. Patrick's Day Dash Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Henry Wienhard's St. Patrick's Day Dash - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Seattle, Washington
United States
45F / 7C
Sunny
Total Time = 29m 1s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Got rock-star parking in my SO's family mini-van and picked up the race number/shirt/chip quite easily. Food: one banana and about 10 oz of water.
Event warmup:

Walking around and marveling at all of the green accessorizing by the other runners while my outfit was just the standard black tights/neon yellow long sleeve techie top. :(
Run
  • 29m 1s
  • 3.35 miles
  • 08m 40s  min/mile
Comments:

Waaaay to many runners to set one's own pace from where I ran in the Green Wave of runners. I had to scrap the PR idea when at mile 2 I found that I was still trading elbow jabs with fellow runners. Bummer.
What would you do differently?:

Start closer to the front of the pack, i.e. not take a last minute porta potty stop -- that really put me in the back of the wave.
Post race
Warm down:

Goodies! Soup! Chips! Met up with friends and my SO's family and their stellar mini-van took us up to a lovely diner, the 5 Spot, up on Queen Anne hill. Very nice afternoon, and a lovely day.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Too many people, plain and simple.

Last updated: 2006-03-13 12:00 AM
Running
00:29:01 | 03.35 miles | 08m 40s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Only saw mile 2 marker...1? 3?
Course: Urban, concrete and one long tunnel + one long segment on the viaduct, which is high and parallel to the Sound, so the views of the Olympics were really amazing from up there!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %na
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2006-03-13 7:44 PM

User image

Master
Cambridge, MA
Subject: Henry Wienhard's St. Patrick's Day Dash

2006-03-14 1:38 PM
in reply to: #368723

User image

Pro
MA
Subject: RE: Henry Wienhard's St. Patrick's Day Dash
Hey Sunny, 8:40 min/mile is fast!  A race with that many people can be annoying.  Sound like the Corporate Challenge... that I had to talked some 3-4 min after the start. 
2006-03-17 8:27 AM
in reply to: #368723

User image

Expert
Issaquah, WA,
Subject: RE: Henry Wienhard's St. Patrick's Day Dash
Great race! The view from the viaduct is beautiful. I used to drive it every morning on my way to class. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Seattle.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Henry Wienhard's St. Patrick's Day Dash Rss Feed