General Discussion Race Reports! » CNLBank Winter Park Road Race James C Barnett Memo Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

CNLBank Winter Park Road Race James C Barnett Memo - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Orlando, Florida
United States
45F / 7C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 10m 45s
Overall Rank = 1227/1393
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 83/104
Pre-race routine:

try to stay warm, add more clothes and some gloves. Ate breakfast on the way in - and Access bar, some pretzels, and tea. Oh yeah, half a PBJ DS left in the fridge. Fueling was great.
Event warmup:

Look for a sunny spot to stretch a bit. Exercise my mouth talking to my friend. Shiver.
Run
  • 1h 10m 45s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 11m 23s  min/mile
What would you do differently?:

Nothing - I felt steady and strong the whole way. I can tell my other training is working, but I have had to let the running slide a bit to make room for other things. I was pleased with my performance today.
Post race
Warm down:

Find DH and DS and eat a bagel.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Hadn't run 6 in awhile so I held back a bit to make sure I'd finish. Also was pretty cold. But overall I felt good and kept my heart rate where I wanted it. Since I'm in the middle of triathlon training, I just focused on this as a long training run rather than pushing too hard.

Event comments:

They didn't have the bounce house for the kiddos this year, but the jazz musicians were there trying to play cool music at 8am, probably bedtime for them normally. Lots of bagels and bananas and water. Good door prize giveaways, too. AND we all got a free admission to the Tiffany stained glass museum!

Last updated: 2006-02-17 12:00 AM
Running
01:10:45 | 06.21 miles | 11m 23s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/104
Overall: 0/1393
Performance: Good
Course: What fun running through Winter Park and seeing all the cool houses. Got some good landscaping ideas and once again longed to move from the suburbs to the city...Lots of brick sections which are tough on the feet, but pretty for a neighborhood.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-03-25 5:11 PM

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Subject: CNLBank Winter Park Road Race James C Barnett Memo
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » CNLBank Winter Park Road Race James C Barnett Memo Rss Feed