General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Luray Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-04-22 8:57 AM

User image

New user

Subject: Luray Sprint Triathlon
A group of us are local here in Luray. Anyone wanting any course specifics, training ideas, etc...give us a yell. We can't wait to participate in the first ever triathlon in Luray.

2006-04-22 9:03 AM
in reply to: #403514

User image

New user

Luray, Virginia
Subject: RE: Luray Sprint Triathlon

Another Luray participant here.....We're looking forward to meeting some of the 300+ triathletes coming to the Shenandoah Valley.  (I plan on kicking PJLuray's butt)

2006-04-24 10:07 AM
in reply to: #403514

Thanks for the offer - I'd love to know what to expect for the bike and run - how hilly is the course, any strange things to look out for? And what about the swim - what is the lake usually like - how cold will the water actually be? So basically, I'm looking for as much information as you have....
2006-04-24 8:29 PM
in reply to: #404756

User image

New user

I've swam the lake a few times already (in a wetsuit). Currently it's about 62 degrees. The bike course is challenging. It has a big hill to start with and a very tough hill to end with. In the middle it has a couple of 2 mile stretches that are just gradual upgrades, but they take their toll. There is one great downhill stretch that's really long, about 10 miles into the ride. As for the run, it covers approximatley 1 mile or so around the lake on a gravel trail (footing isn't very good). Then it goes out on the road. If the turn around is timely, it will be flat. If they take the turn-around point out too far, there's a monster hill to deal with. Good luck. It's a phenonemal course, very scenic, we're really excited to be using our area for such a great event.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Luray Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed