United States
39F / 4C
Overcast
Total Time = 49m 57s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 40-49
Age Group Rank = 94/189
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 5:30, checked out the newspaper and coupons, family woke at 6, ate some oatmeal, lots of coffee, then dressed and drove over to site.
Event warmup:

walked from car to start
Run
  • 49m 57s
  • 5 miles
  • 09m 59s  min/mile
Comments:

Didn't take any water at station, was getting overheated half way thru and at mile 3, I was doggin' it. Thought about walking to get heart rate down but then thought about my father who died 2 years ago from cancer and how he had to suffer and then figured that I could keep on running and in all likelihood would not die from it. ;)
What would you do differently?:

Um, less coffee and waaaaaaay more speed training. I'm getting slower the longer I've run! Waaaaaaaaah! :(
Post race
Warm down:

son was starting to chatter when i got to the finish line so figured i'd forfeit my pie and any snacks to head off to the garden store to get some yard lights (yeah, the one store open today and we hit it up at 9am!)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

lack of training and overall fatigue level.

Event comments:

I think this race has grown HUGELY since doing the inaugural race 4 years ago and its almost too big for being competitive with crowds. But I'll likely do it again cuz what better way to make ready for a major chow down feast of 1,000s of calories! LOL

Last updated: 2011-11-24 12:00 AM
Running
00:49:57 | 05 miles | 09m 59s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/189
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: Goofy false start type thing with two arches to run through and so crowded forced to walk a bit. When we saw the mats to cross then everyone was like YAY! It's the start now! LOL Nice run thru sleepy neighborhood and mostly flat except for what seemed like a nice incline up to the finish.
Keeping cool Average Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-11-24 4:47 PM

User image

Elite
Cheesehead, WI
Subject: Festival Foods Turkey Trot

2012-03-28 1:52 PM
in reply to: #3914293

Subject: RE: Festival Foods Turkey Trot

It was my first year running it (parents still live in Green Bay).  Was actually impressed with the size of the event...Running a race on Thanksgiving is always a great way to begin the day!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Festival Foods Turkey Trot Rss Feed