General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HITS Triathlon Series: Ocala - Olympic Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-03-27 7:46 AM
in reply to: #4114357

Veteran
Ohio
Subject: RE: HITS Triathlon Series: Ocala - Olympic Course : Official Thread
TrkHilo2k - 2012-03-26 8:32 PM

ropkins - 2012-03-26 8:16 PM That was quite a trek from the Homewood Suites. I didn't even go to the dinner. After driving all the way to the hotel I wasn't going back to the race site.

I also stayed at the Homewood.  That would be my one big issue with last weekend's race.  That said, now I know about the other hotels in the area (not the motel across the entrance to the parK!!!) where I can stay next year, some seem real friendly and giving that well known Southern Comfort lacking in most of Fl but present in Ocala.  Heck, even the sandy trail, which no denying-sucked while I was shuffling thru it Yell, makes me a better athlete.  

I am coming back for more punishment next year.

Did anyone here do the HIM or Full IM?  I am curious!   Also, I look for post my race comments real soon.  Add yours, I want to hear about everyone else's experiences!

I stayed at the Marriott TownePlace near the Villages.  It was very nice.  Lots of stuff to do within walking distance of the hotel.  About 10 miles from the park according to the Garmin.

A girl named Kate who was also staying here did the full on Sunday.  Talked to here at the pool on Sunday evening and she said she had a great time.  Was shooting for sub 12 and finished in 11:30 or so.  She also looked like she had enough energy to run another marathon...If i had just done a full, I would have to have been carried around on a stretcher!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HITS Triathlon Series: Ocala - Olympic Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 2