General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Flo Cycling Wheels Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 39

2012-03-01 3:17 PM
in reply to: #4074107

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Flo Cycling Wheels

Well we are finally catching up with the crazy week that we had.  Looking through my inbox, I've received 1690 emails since last Thursday.  I'm pretty sure we have responded to each and everyone BUT if we missed anyone in the shuffle, please don't take it personally.  Just send me a "Hey What about Me?" email and we'll get you taken care of.  

I wanted to say that the Launch was extremely successful.  We certainly had some technical difficulties... yes our servers crashed... but that wasn't anything a weeks worth of 12-16 hour days couldn't fix.  I wanted to thank each and every person who has contributed to this whole process to date.  To all of you who have pre-ordered wheels, voted on our logo or type of carbon fiber, liked us on facebook, paid compliments OR told me I'm not thinking straight when I should be, recommended us to friends, etc. you are the reason FLO is what it is today.  While my brother an I certainly have had a big part in getting this going, the support from the community and people like you are what has truly put the icing on the cake.  Our hard work is certainly not over, we have plenty of wheels to produce, ship and sell... but I'd like to think that is the fun part! 

I've read through the pages of comments.  I've been in an email cave since last week and apologize that I haven't been able to be as active here as I like.  I noticed that most of the comments have worked themselves out or been answered by other forum users (thanks to those who helped out).  I did notice that there seemed to be a question about shipping group orders... namely, how can a later order number be in a shipping group ahead of me?  I'd like to address that questions below.

Each and every one of our molds has a certain capacity.  As many of you know, before the pre-order we had enough molds to produce 400-500 wheels per month.  Those 400-500 wheels per month are the sum of a "x" number of FLO 60s, "y" number of FLO 90s and "z" number of FLO DISCs.  During the Pre-Order some wheels were more popular than others.  For example, the Front FLO 60 and FLO DISC were our most popular wheels.  If order number 268 (strictly an random number) ordered a front FLO 60 and a DISC  they may have easily been pushed to shipping group number 2.  If on the other hand, order number 578 (another random number) ordered a Front FLO 90 C and a Rear FLO 90 C, they may have easily made it into the first group simply because those two wheels were much less popular.

Thanks again to everyone again for their support throughout this journey to date, it's been fun and I can't wait to start shipping your wheels!

Take care, 

2012-03-01 10:26 PM
in reply to: #4075829

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Flo Cycling Wheels
Canadian_Flo - 2012-03-01 3:17 PM

I wanted to say that the Launch was extremely successful.  We certainly had some technical difficulties... yes our servers crashed... but that wasn't anything a weeks worth of 12-16 hour days couldn't fix. 

On the bright side your technical glitches are nothing like what The Iceman Cometh just had today.  Lots more people and lots more confusion.  At least you know I exist.  Right now they have my money (along with a lot of other folks) and have no clue that I'm out here. ;-)

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Flo Cycling Wheels Rss Feed  

of 39