General Discussion Race Reports! » JCC Scottsdale Spring Sprint Triathlon - Maxi Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

JCC Scottsdale Spring Sprint Triathlon - Maxi Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Scottsdale, Arizona
United States
Tri-Family Racing
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 22m 26s
Overall Rank = 52/95
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 7/9
Pre-race routine:

Woke up late around 5:15 as I accidentally hit the dismiss button on my alarm which made me sleep in 30 minutes longer and woke up freaking out and rushing everything to get ready. Drank about 16oz of water and a couple supplements and got my gear and bike ready and was out the door by 5:35. Good thing the race was only 10 minutes away from my house and I was able to find a decent spot in the Transition area. Once i finished setting up my transition area I got my timing chip and body marked, pretty much just relaxed and chilled by my bike with my headphones on. Saw Jasen from BT come up later in the morning and he setup his transition next to me.
Event warmup:

No real warm up as the mini sprint folks started at 7:30 so it was a matter of waiting and chatting with Jasen while the maxi folks could start.
Swim
  • 09m 49s
  • 500 yards
  • 01m 58s / 100 yards
Comments:

I was actually surprised with my swim time as I never reach these times when I am training and doing my usual laps. I am usually around 2:07-2:15. I felt really good and strong swimming throughout as I only got passed by the ASU Tri Club swimmers. Was not exhausted or anything as I was getting out and did a light job to my transition area.
What would you do differently?:

Continue to put in the swim time and laps to improve.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Bike
  • 40m 5s
  • 12.6 miles
  • 18.86 mile/hr
Comments:

T1 time included in bike split and was pleased with my performance. All those outdoor rides and hills training have helped me out a lot. I was able to maintain around 19-20mph throughout. I really wanted to push myself on the bike and it paid off as only 4-5 people passed me up on the entire course. I was concerned if I would have any left in the tank for the 4 mile run.

continue to increase my bike fitness and stay consistent with doing my weekly outdoor bike rides
Transition 2
  • 00m
Run
  • 32m 32s
  • 4 miles
  • 08m 08s  min/mile
Comments:

Includes my T2 time which makes me even happier with my run performance as I never train running at this pace. The old saying of Running lots and running easy has helped me out a lot. I have recently started incorporating tempo and interval work in the past couple of weeks and they have actually been helping me out a lot. I was getting really tight on the outside of my left calf but just pushed through the pain and kept running. I began to really push it during the last 2 miles as the suffering and painfest began.

continue to run more and continue to incorporate the tempo and interval work.
Post race
Warm down:

Drank some water and began packing up my transition area. I walked to the timing chip area as they reported the results would be up so I grabbed a couple snacks and checked my time. Unfortunately they only had my swim and bike split and didn't have my run times posted yet so I just ended up leaving and going home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My weight, need to continue to eat healthier and smaller portions. I am 5'7 weighing 180 lbs, would like to lose another 5-10 pounds which is mostly my belly.

Event comments:

Overall, this was my fastest race so far (set new PR!) and beat my previous time by over 4 minutes. The consistent training and hardwork is finally paying off and being rewarded with faster times is truly gratifying. I can tell a huge difference with losing about 8-10 lbs since my last race in December. The past 3 weeks I started doing hot yoga and stopped lifting weights temporarily in preparation for my first Oly on March 18th in San Diego (SuperSeal Tri). I feel that it is definitely helping me slim down and become more flexible, making the whole s/b/r easier for me to get faster. I am officially an MOP'er! Bring on SuperSeal!

Last updated: 2012-01-19 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:49 | 500 yards | 01m 58s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/9
Overall: 48/95
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: Serpentine pool swim, 2x repeat
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:40:05 | 12.6 miles | 18.86 mile/hr
Overall: 38/95
Wind:
Course: 4 loop course
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:32:32 | 04 miles | 08m 08s  min/mile
Overall: 0/95
Course: Out and back 2x
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2012-02-27 10:57 AM

User image

Phoenix
Subject: JCC Scottsdale Spring Sprint Triathlon - Maxi Triathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » JCC Scottsdale Spring Sprint Triathlon - Maxi Triathlon Rss Feed