of 4

2012-07-24 1:06 AM
in reply to: #4327136

User image

Expert
Chandler, AZ
Subject: RE: OWS

cader - 2012-07-23 10:13 PM nobody wants to b my friend

Don't mind those AZ triathletes...they're a mean bunch.

When were you planning on going up next?? I could probably make it up to Bartlett next Sunday...Lemme know and I'll post something up on the AZ OWS page on facebook and see if we can't get a group going.

Also, if you're on facebook, join THIS GROUP. We're always posting up meeting times/dates

2012-07-25 11:52 AM
in reply to: #4327155

thx jasen, im not on facebook but my wife is.  i guess ill logon and check out the group.

i can do weekends but a weekday would be super awesome if any body else is in the same boat. maybe some face bookers will be interested or jasen the next time u head out let us know.

thx

2012-10-18 7:12 AM
in reply to: #4329959

User image

Veteran
Goodyear
Some of the AZ Open Water group on FB will be at Bartlett Lake for a full moon sunset swim. We are meeting at 5:30pm at Rattle Snake Cove on Oct. 29th-Monday. I will update with more information.
2012-10-21 2:50 PM
in reply to: #4458654

User image

New user

Goodyear

Sunshine-

Are you doing any OWS in the upcoming weeks? I live in Estrella and I am looking to swim with a group at one of the lakes around Phoenix.

2012-10-23 8:08 PM
in reply to: #4462453

User image

Veteran
Goodyear
Hey! That's cool! Finally, have someone to carpool when the dates, times and etc... work out. I am training for the Full AZ Iron Man for 2013. Just started running, biking and swimming again but focused on the race weight training schedule. I will be on this plan until I hit my race weight goal. Started running the Estrella community trails to strengthen my legs and burn calories. I had a awesome bike ride today. I can feel my strength coming back. The OWS swim on Oct. 29 will most likely be my last OWS for the season. The water gets darn to cold during winter months. So, I will be at the resident club for the winter.

I will start up again in March at the saguaro Lake for my usual trail run and OWS. (This lake is the one that warms up first. I switch to Bartlett when the saguaro Lake get to warm. Also, I should add that I am a Monday or Tuesday morning traveler to the lakes. I work on Weekends.

We should connect sometime. Are you on the AZ OWS Facebook?

Are you doing the Full Iron Man in Nov.? I will be volunteering at the registration tent.

Tracy
My new user name will be Triacy.

Edited by SunshineEstrella 2012-10-23 8:12 PM
2012-10-24 9:25 PM
in reply to: #4466322

User image

New user

Goodyear

Tracy-

Congratulations on your decision to do Ironman AZ next year. It will make for an interesting and exciting year.

Estrella is a great place for training. I am out riding my bike around the area and doing my long runs up and down Estrella Parkway on the weekends (I also like running out past the barriers through the desert). I am training for Ironman AZ this year; it's coming up fast! I purchased a new wetsuit and I wanted to try it out in an OWS. I did SOMA Half last year but had a sleevless wetsuit, this year I have a full wetsuit. I swim at Starpointe sometimes and other times at the YMCA in Goodyear, they have a 50 m pool. The pools are too warm to swim with a wetsuit for very long. I am interested in going out to Bartlett Monday. Is it open for anyone to go? How far do you usually swim out there?

Do you ride with West Valley Cycles? I usually ride with them on Saturdays. Great way to get bike ready for your IM and you'll meet lots of nice people.

2012-10-25 3:41 PM
in reply to: #4468096

User image

Veteran
Goodyear
Thank you for the congrats! Is The West Valley Cycles here in Estrella? Or down the hill?

I might have seen you out running a couple of times. I was with my husband once with or skinny Golden Retriever. You might even know John. I love the trails here in our community and the one to the east in the Estrella Mountains. But the Park put up fences to prevent us (trail runners) from going into the park. It's a darn shame they screwed up some of the trails.

It's open to anyone and it's a very relaxed fun group. I usually swim for about 1 mile to 1.5 miles. From Estrella it takes approximately 2 hours to get there. Leave at 3pm and be there about 5pm. We can carpool if you like. Meet you at the resident club at 3pm? We can split the cost of the $6.00 park pass and gas. Let me know if it works for you.

Tracy
2012-10-26 3:08 PM
in reply to: #4469524

User image

Veteran
Goodyear
Triacy - 2012-10-25 1:41 PM

Thank you for the congrats! Is The West Valley Cycles here in Estrella? Or down the hill?

I might have seen you out running a couple of times. I was with my husband once with or skinny Golden Retriever. You might even know John. I love the trails here in our community and the one to the east in the Estrella Mountains. But the Park put up fences to prevent us (trail runners) from going into the park. It's a darn shame they screwed up some of the trails.

It's open to anyone and it's a very relaxed fun group. I usually swim for about 1 mile to 1.5 miles. From Estrella it takes approximately 2 hours to get there. Leave at 3pm and be there about 5pm. We can carpool if you like. Meet you at the resident club at 3pm? We can split the cost of the $6.00 park pass and gas. Let me know if it works for you.

Tracy

Also, I was thinking of doing a short run on Yellow Cliff before the swim if time allows. Maybe 4 miles. I am just getting back in to the swing of things and not sure how I will do on Yellow Cliff. It would be good for me though.
2012-10-26 10:47 PM
in reply to: #4470995

User image

New user

Goodyear

The cycle group meets at Lifetime Fitness (Bullard & McDowell) on Saturdays. I ride my bike down there, then we ride back up to Estrella and then head out to Verrado then back to Lifetime. I then ride back to Estrella which makes about an 80 mi ride.

I think Monday will work if you want to carpool. I don't think I will join you on the run because I have a long run on Sunday.

2012-10-27 12:18 PM
in reply to: #4471383

User image

Veteran
Goodyear
Sounds good.
2012-10-28 4:16 PM
in reply to: #4471383

User image

Veteran
Goodyear
SBR51 - 2012-10-26 8:47 PM

The cycle group meets at Lifetime Fitness (Bullard & McDowell) on Saturdays. I ride my bike down there, then we ride back up to Estrella and then head out to Verrado then back to Lifetime. I then ride back to Estrella which makes about an 80 mi ride.

I think Monday will work if you want to carpool. I don't think I will join you on the run because I have a long run on Sunday.

I sent you a PM. Can't go Monday night.

Tracy

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » OWS Rss Feed  

of 4