Riverton Parks & Recreation
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 36m 56s
Overall Rank = 195/244
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 41/46
Pre-race routine:

Woke-up early, ate my usual breakfast (Honey Bunches of Oats). Drank some water and Gatorade on my drive down to the course (had to unlock the bathrooms at a county park on the route). Then once at the venue I just hung out in my car, drank my red bull and ate half a banana. :) Seemed to have been perfect in the end.
Event warmup:

Walked to the bathrooms then back to the car to get ready, then back to the start and stretched a little.
Run
  • 2h 36m 56s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 11m 59s  min/mile
Comments:

Everything was going great despite the WINDY conditions. However, after mile 9 is when things started to slow down rapidly. Up until mile 8 I was with the 2:30 pace group and had it not been for walking up the big hill to eat my gel and then walking more than I should have at the water station at mile 8.7 (where I still stood a chance of catching them) I would have held it. Oh well... NEXT YEAR my goal shall be to come in at 2:20!!!
What would you do differently?:

Train more. I'm kicking myself in the @$$ now b/c had I put more into training (as I did last year) I know that I could have done better and beat 2:30. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda :/ Oh well, at least I beat last years time by 5"50'. I'll take that.
Post race
Warm down:

Was happy to see both Lisa and Liz at the finish line. Bless her heart, Liz waited around for about 2hrs after her 5K to watch/take pics of me crossing the finish line.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of training.

Event comments:

Love this race!!! It's small (numbers only rep women). Overall there were about 700 runners b/t both races. It's a challenging course (b/c the wind always seems to be blowing, but abnormally so today w/ gusts up to 30mph).

Last updated: 2012-03-31 12:00 AM
Running
02:36:56 | 13.1 miles | 11m 59s  min/mile
Age Group: 41/46
Overall: 195/244
Performance: Good
1 mile mark at 10:24, 8 mile mark at the same time as my 7.5 mi time last week :)
Course: Mostly flat w/ a few major hills and one or two false climbs.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes