United States
Philadelphia Bar Association
Sunny
Total Time = 27m 50s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Got there super early. Race started at 8:30am but I got there at 7am. Stretched a bit, did a little run (about 1/2 mile), stretched some more. Had a few licks (?) of Chocolate Cliff Shot. Met Chris, and went for packet pick-up. A quick bathroom break before the race started. Some more stretching (especially hamstrings and claves)
Event warmup:

Stretching and 1/2 mile super easy jog.
Run
  • 27m 50s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 57s  min/mile
Comments:

Felt good, despite the nausea. From beginning to end I felt like I gave it my all.

NO REGRETS :)
What would you do differently?:

I would NOT use Chocolate Cliff Shots ever again! Bitter but too sweet at the same time. Also got it all over my shirt. Not a good look.
Post race
Warm down:

Needed to walk a little. Drank water, had 3 pieces of oranges (that just hit the spot), and a strawberry smoothy.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Need to be in better shape so that I don't get nauseous in the middle of the race.

Event comments:

Wish they would have had Gatoraid or something at the water stations.

Last updated: 2006-05-02 12:00 AM
Running
00:27:50 | 03.11 miles | 08m 57s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
All I know is that I started really fast for me, but felt great that first mile. Finished it in around 8:43 min!!! WOW!!! Official time for the second mile was about 17:50 (that's approximately 9:07min). I felt like vomiting during the second half of the race. I just backed off a bit and swallowed.
Course: Around Kelly Drive. The same course as the Clean Air 5k a few weeks back. Nice and flat.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2006-05-21 10:13 AM

User image

Veteran
San mateo
Subject: Philadelphia Bar Association 5K

2006-05-21 4:42 PM
in reply to: #429278

User image

Regular
Philadelphia
Subject: RE: Philadelphia Bar Association 5K
The results are up at http://users.erols.com/runadvte/bar5K06.htm. You finished about 20 seconds ahead of me.  It sounds like you had a great race.  I had the same naseous feeling for the second half of the race.  Like you, I started too fast and either lost steam in the third mile or the slight hill slowed me down.  
2006-05-21 6:26 PM

User image

Westampton
HEY. DIDNT REALISE YOU WERE RACING. I DID THE VIETNAM VETS RACE ON COLUMBAS AVE THIS MORNING IT WAS A 10K AND IKICKED 41:51 FOR 6.25 MILES AVERAGING 6:42 PER MILE. FASTER THAN I EVR RAN. FINISHED 15TH OVERALL AND 2ND IN MY AGE GROUP. GOT A PLAQUE WHIC WAS KINDA COOL. MICHELLE AND DELORES ALSO RAN WHICH WAS GOOD. THEY HAD A GOOD TIME TOO.
2006-05-21 6:26 PM
in reply to: #429528

User image

Westampton
NICE JOB ON THE RUN BY THE WAY GREAT TIME. I TOO FELT NAUSCIOUS.
2006-05-21 7:05 PM

User image

Veteran
South Jersey
way to go iz, great time and i like your race report too.  as me and dolores were at the starting line she mentioned that race, and we both remembered you were doing it, was morgan and her boyfriend there from the tri clinic?
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Philadelphia Bar Association 5K Rss Feed