Endorfun Sports
55F / 13C
Precipitation
Total Time = 2h 20m 51s
Overall Rank = 1113/1348
Age Group = 30-35
Age Group Rank = 67/76
Pre-race routine:

Woke up - had a cup of coffee (small one!), clif bar and a water bottle of gatorade. Got the fuel belt bottles filled with ga and made sure that I had a couple of gels handy. Assessed weeather situation and opted for a short sleeve shirt under a long sleeve shirt with my 8" tri shorts. Was chauffered to race by my wife. Once at the race start my sister in law (her first half marathon!) and I hung out in the gym to keep warm and dry.
Event warmup:

Tried to keep warm and dry for as long as possible. Once at the start I hopped arounda little to keep the blood moving - the wind picked up and the rain picked up!
Run
  • 2h 20m 51s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 10m 45s  min/mile
Comments:

Rain rain rain rain rain. Wow it was rainy. The first half was not too bad but the rain picked up around the 8 mile mark. Finishing a race in this kind of weather is always a good feeling since it reminds you how tough you can be! All in all a good race. Everyone seemed to be happy to be there and I know that I was just out for a training day with a number - I kept a steady pace and actually enjoyed the race! No walking, which was my goal.
What would you do differently?:

I might have started closer to the back of the pack. Its always humbling to be passed in in the first 2 miles!
Post race
Warm down:

Turned the chip in, got my cool finisher's medal and my bag of dry warm clothes. Headed to the finish to say hit to my family. I also hung around to watch the person I had been pacing with made it in OK. Congrats to the girl in the yellow shirt, red hat from MA with a home in Moultonboro who completed her first half! Way to go!

I headed to the warming tent and inhaled a piece of warm pizza and a bottle of water. I changed into some dry(er) clothes and went to the finish to watch my sister in law bring it on home. She finished the race and we got the heck out of there!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I have been training for a half IM so my running has been focused arond a 10:30 pace - honestly this was a limiter for me! I executed my plan exactly as expected. Had the conditions been a little better (a touch warmer w/o rain) and I had been up to the challenge I would have probably pushed a little harder for the second half. However, I did not want to risk injury or training setback for the Mooseman!

Event comments:

Excellent race that went off very well considering the difficult weather! Keith Jordan's races always are smooth and an excellent experience!

Last updated: 2006-05-22 12:00 AM
Running
02:20:51 | 13.1 miles | 10m 45s  min/mile
Age Group: 67/76
Overall: 113/1348
Performance: Average
Course: Lolipop-type course - out on Rt 11 back on 11d by the laks. The first half was a long steady and not to steep uphill. A good grind. The second half was composed of "rolling hills"
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes