GraceMed
60F / 16C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 55m 40s
Overall Rank = 300/922
Age Group = 45/49
Age Group Rank = 25/45
Pre-race routine:

Nothing routine about it sense we were traveling and staying at The Farm. up at 4am, having been awakened at 1:30 by large hail stones, took cousin and his GF to the airport for a 6am flight then to the race site-early to wait and watch the rain come down. had some muffins, coffee and a McDonald's breakfast biscuit-cpl of trips to the porta potty
Event warmup:

Just some light jogging-nothing special, mostly tried to stay dry until the race started
Run
  • 1h 55m 40s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

My only goal was sub 2 hours. I had not specifically targeted this race but when I saw it on the calender the same week we would be at the Farm I signed up. I've had the breaking 2 hrs a HM goal for this year anyway so all my long runs so far had been with that goal in mind.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe carried just a tiny faster pace earlier. I finished strong and even had a sprint to beat some lady who kept passing and fading back and finally wanted to race me. If I had paced just a little better maybe I would have the same time or faster with more even splits. But really, it went well.
Post race
Warm down:

Had some BBQ chicken, rescued my wife from the rain and crowds and headed back to The Farm for a shower-not realizing I would have to do some plumbing first because everything had backed up.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing much, it went well

Event comments:

I had fun, the weather put a damper on the race events and my wife noted the race announcer was surely and kind of mean. It seemed like a nice area would like to see it in better weather. Between 7 and 10 miles I was running with someone who asked if these was the worse conditions I had ever run in. In fact it was not and we talked about Branson 70.3 and The Whiterock Marathon and commented I thought 60 degrees and light rain was rather pleasant

Last updated: 2012-04-09 12:00 AM
Running
01:55:40 | 13.1 miles | 08m 50s  min/mile
Age Group: 25/45
Overall: 300/922
Performance: Good
My splits: 9:13, 8:41, 9:03, 8:54, 8:55, 8:57, 9:12, 9:06, 8:49, 9:02, 8:06, 8:24, 9:13 (1.1)
Course: A very nice3 and very flat course along the Arkansas river using the river front park and related trails
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?