General Discussion Race Reports! » New Moon Khcycle MetaSprint Triathlon - Sprint Course Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

New Moon Khcycle MetaSprint Triathlon - Sprint Course - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Changi Beach,
Singapore
MetaSport
30+C / 86F
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 15m 28s
Overall Rank = 53/1127
Age Group = 40-49
Age Group Rank = 12/308
Pre-race routine:

Powerbar at 6:30
Caffiene drink and water on the way
Event warmup:

Arrived at the event a little later than we would have liked just after the start of the elites. Went and had a paddle in the water and stretched on the beach.
Swim
  • 15m 28s
  • 750 meters
  • 02m 04s / 100 meters
Comments:

Got into the pen late and ended up about 3 back in the line up but didn't want to be rude and push to the front. The start was a little confused as they were trying to clear people from the swim course who were doing there warm ups. In the end there was no countdown, just a GO, at which point all the people in front of me went left and right, leaving me a clear straight path. Swam the whole way on my own right beside the lane rope so navigation was easy but no chance to draft.
What would you do differently?:

Start my new fancy Garmin 910xt when the guy says go rather than remembering 4 strokes into the race and thinking bugger it!
Transition 1
  • 01m 45s
Comments:

Good transition but pretty long as you have to push out to the main road. Had a little trouble getting my feet in and up to speed buy nothing drastic.
Bike
  • 34m 8s
  • 20 kms
  • 35.16 km/hr
Comments:

Had real trouble getting my legs to go on the first loop and was struggling to sit on 36km/h. I think that the swim took something out of my legs but by the second loop I was sitting on or above 38km/h. The road is 4 lanes wide so there is never any problems with passing or getting held up which is great.

Work harder in the approaches to the corners. I backed off a bit too early and probably could improve my average speed that way.
Transition 2
  • 01m 52s
Comments:

Got held up with people walking their bikes into the transition as it was only wide enough for one person at a time. Then couldn't get my shoes on as quickly as normal as they seemed tighter for some reason.

Try some talcum powder in the shoes as I saw the guy beside me had done that.
Run
  • 22m 12s
  • 5 kms
  • 04m 26s  min/km
Comments:

Was going well until the wheels fell off in the last one kilometre. Combination of pushing hard on the run and drinking more than I needed (still in HIM mode with feeling like I needed to constantly hydrate) let to a monster stitch hitting at the 4km mark. Struggled home but it probably cost me 45 seconds.

Drink less for a sprint race
Post race
Warm down:

More like post race cool down. Jumped in the water but it was bathtub warm, then went and stood under the showers for about 5 minutes which were mercifully cool!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Too much fluid (I think) and not enough speed work recently on the bike.

Event comments:

Well run with plenty of atmosphere due to the large number of competitors in quite a small space.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2012-04-23 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:15:28 | 750 meters | 02m 04s / 100meters
Age Group: 21/308
Overall: 92/1127
Performance: Good
Suit: Blue Seventy tri suit
Course: Triangle with the first side parallel to the shore and the third side perpendicular.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 28C / 82F Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Bad
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:45
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:34:08 | 20 kms | 35.16 km/hr
Age Group: 22/308
Overall: 95/1127
Performance: Average
Wind: None
Course: Two 10km loops which were straight up and backs along the dead flat road which runs beside the airport
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 95
Turns: Below average Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Too much
T2
Time: 01:52
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Below average
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal Below average
Running
00:22:12 | 05 kms | 04m 26s  min/km
Age Group: 8/308
Overall: 52/1127
Min 155 Max 188 Avg 167
Course: Out and back through the park and beach front. Mostly shaded and almost completely flat.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Too much
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2012-05-10 12:26 AM

Singapore
Subject: New Moon Khcycle MetaSprint Triathlon - Sprint Course
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » New Moon Khcycle MetaSprint Triathlon - Sprint Course Rss Feed