General Discussion Race Reports! » Muncie May Triathlon - Olympic Course Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Muncie May Triathlon - Olympic Course - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Selma, Indiana
United States
Muncie Multi Sport
60?F / 0C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 47m 1s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Road over with Matt and Austin
Swim
  • 36m 39s
  • 1500 meters
  • 02m 26s / 100 meters
Comments:

Swim was two laps and you had to run on the beach between laps. At the start of lap one my goggles where leaking like crazy. I stopped about 4-6 times to clear them out. After lap one while running on the beach I took my goggles off to try to adjust them. They did not leak on lap two but in the process I kicked a big rock on the beach and my big toe is now soar and black and blue. I also noticed after lap one my watch got water in it and it did not work the entire race.

What would you do differently?:

Learn to swim.
Transition 1
  • 03m 15s
Comments:

This was like a 1/4 mile run up to T2. I never seen one near this long before.

WFT, Where did my bike go? Coming into T1 I went to my bike and I thought someone took it. After looking more I seen it has been moved from the end spot to the far end of the rack. My stuff was all mixed in with two other peoples stuff.

Bike
  • 1h 15m 27s
  • 25.6 miles
  • 20.36 mile/hr
Comments:

Nice course other then some rough sections. I had no HR monitor to gauge my effort off of like I am used to so I tried to pace a little on the easy side of effort.
Transition 2
  • 01m 20s
Run
  • 50m 22s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 07s  min/mile
Comments:

Legs felt tired and soar on the run. But no worse then other times. Energy level was high. So I started at a comfortable pace to get the HR under control. I was just looking for my buddy Austin and Matt to see how close they where behind me coming in of off the bike. Looked like Austin was about 1/2 mile behind me. Since my watch was dead I had no idea how fast I was running. I was going to see how long I could hold him off since he is a much faster runner then me. After seeing him come in on the bike I took a quick pee break. After making the turn around I seen him about 1/2 mile later. So he has made up very little ground on me. I then knew he was coming after me as he said I better speed up or something like that. I then started to push harder up the hills and upping my cadence on the downhills. Legs are still feeling about the same. I take a quick look back about every mile to see how close he is I still cant see him coming. I finished stronger then most other Olympic runs in the past.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Conditioning

Event comments:

One of the main reasons I wanted to do this race is this is the location of the Muncie 70.3. I am still in debate if I can be ready for this race or not.

Last updated: 2012-05-09 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:36:39 | 1500 meters | 02m 26s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Bad
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 68F / 20C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 03:15
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:15:27 | 25.6 miles | 20.36 mile/hr
Wind: Some
Course: Rolling hills
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:20
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:50:22 | 06.21 miles | 08m 07s  min/mile
Course: Few small hills.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2012-05-13 7:03 AM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Muncie May Triathlon - Olympic Course
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Muncie May Triathlon - Olympic Course Rss Feed